eps hot wire

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rigsby is that the sto turbo fix your talking about? ive used that before mate its the knackers i must admit

STO is a great product but its so over priced its unreal.
As for turbo fix you get charged another 11m2 to use foam on the back of the boards.
A dry fix all day long.

Its all just a game hot wire ffs imagine throwing that in the back of a roughcasters van ha ha

STO is a great product but its so over priced its unreal.
As for turbo fix you get charged another 11m2 to use foam on the back of the boards.
A dry fix all day long.

Its all just a game hot wire ffs imagine throwing that in the back of a roughcasters van ha ha

Saws are ok if you can stop the winging neighbours complaining about polyballs all over. I am going to get one of them PFT cutmasters.

Saws are ok if you can stop the winging neighbours complaining about polyballs all over. I am going to get one of them PFT cutmasters.

I would rather put up with some neighbour moaning about polyballs in their garden than paying 1500 quid for a machine that does **** all else than cut boards.

This is the usual EWI course stuff joiners should be putting boards on real joiners time served that have the tools then real roughcasters that are time served do the top coat.

Not 7 day monkeys

Joiners putting ewi boards on insted of renderers? Thats like suggesting joiners should dot and dab walls prior to skimmers?

A cut master will take up to much room for the simple cuts but getting hold of reveal boards isnt that easy so cut my own ? Also try and get 40mm boards at a moments notice. Get the thicker ones and cut my own?

So I am perfectionist with my boardwork, why should me paying out my money be any of your business? My labourer spends his at Ladbrokes, my spread spends his in the pub, I spend mine on tools at least when I retire I can sell them.

Joiners doing board work? As if.

what do mean 7 day monkey?

Last edited:
If I didn't had these jobs with 200mm boards, not sure if I would of realise the benefits of having the hot wire. Yes , you can do it with the hand saw, but the cut you have with the hot wire is hard to achieve even with the hot saw. Unthinkable by hand.You use very little foam and the tricky cuts are quick and easy, not putting the board few times on and off until you get it right and you hand is still fine at the end of the day. The machine comes handy when you have to bring together two levels on the same wall- 10,20,30mm more or less is easy to adjust. How you will get this without the machine- rasp or adhesive? For every job over 30m2 the machine is out of the box. Customers can bring you a lot of work and every little help in this direction helps.

Have mentioned this before a few months back and can't rememberer where.

We have had lots of companies buy EPS Cutters off us due to the site regulations and Specs. Some are now stating that all EPS must be cut with a hot wire alongside this all Rasping needs to be done with a Vacuum pack.

The precision of the cut can't be matched with a saw, especially at the same speed! The amount of details and Intricate cuts that can be made with the Hot Wire is amazing.

Have mentioned this before a few months back and can't rememberer where.

We have had lots of companies buy EPS Cutters off us due to the site regulations and Specs. Some are now stating that all EPS must be cut with a hot wire alongside this all Rasping needs to be done with a Vacuum pack.

The precision of the cut can't be matched with a saw, especially at the same speed! The amount of details and Intricate cuts that can be made with the Hot Wire is amazing.

What site regs have asked for hot wire ?Also i know a few people technical at alumasc and weatherby i will ask if they have heard of such rules
I know you have got to make these sound good to sell.

Joiners putting ewi boards on insted of renderers? Thats like suggesting joiners should dot and dab walls prior to skimmers?

A cut master will take up to much room for the simple cuts but getting hold of reveal boards isnt that easy so cut my own ? Also try and get 40mm boards at a moments notice. Get the thicker ones and cut my own?

So I am perfectionist with my boardwork, why should me paying out my money be any of your business? My labourer spends his at Ladbrokes, my spread spends his in the pub, I spend mine on tools at least when I retire I can sell them.

Joiners doing board work? As if.

what do mean 7 day monkey?

What you buy i could not care a jot.
I have been doing ewi for 23 years and not once have i ever seen or used a hot wire to cut boards.

As the old saying goes a fool and their money

What you buy i could not care a jot.
I have been doing ewi for 23 years and not once have i ever seen or used a hot wire to cut boards.

As the old saying goes a fool and their money

Sounds like you do care, the thought of me buying one seems to ruffle your feathers?

Dont worry about it, my spending wont affect you. But if it helps I will try not to mention spending on assetts online again. I can see how it can affect some people.

What site regs have asked for hot wire ?Also i know a few people technical at alumasc and weatherby i will ask if they have heard of such rules
I know you have got to make these sound good to sell.

A recent Marmorite project in Cheltenham - 2500m2 of 140mm EPS for Markey Construction. Work being carried out by Harbour Render Systems.

In the Pre-let meeting there were discussions of how the mess caused by EPS could be avoided as its in the town Centre location. They then stated Hot Wire Cutter had to be used.

Also there have been several projects on Social Housing where the work has to be completed with EPS Cutters.

I am also speaking with a few more of our big contractors who use these and I will shortly give you a list of examples.

I know I have to sell the machines, I don't need to make them look good at all mate. They do that for themselves. I am not the type of person who will false sell a product. We have brought these new Cutters in as we have been approached lots of times regarding it.

I was on the phone today to an old pal who like McFly had over over 20 years of ewi under his belt. I asked him if he had ever used a hot wire and omly once on some flats in London. A combination of poly balls being a nuisance and the boards being very thick. The company he labour only subbed to supplied it.

But most of his work was the Permarock system on Social housing and most boards were Rockwool. I asked him what did he cut his boards with and it was all with a saw. But he had a grudge against his employer as to outlay and refused to pay for any equipment except a whisk. But it is down to the individual, most spreads I know dont like buying tools but I have never had a problem with it, I see a full tool kit as a wise investment.

What I do loathe is spending money on cars. Cash cows on wheels. I buy new and keep them for at least 10 years. Got a private reg for a present 23 years ago and its on its 3 car. But each to their own. I have a neighbour who buys up market cars from main dealers and aftter a few months gets bored so part exchanges for another. But whatever rocks your boat.

This is the same old story of plasterers being tight as fook! Lol I'm with rigsby, these things can't help and for me it's about investing in yourself, your trade and being taken seriously. Most of the machines out there used correctly will save you time. Therefore more time spent doing work than dealing with the mess and hassle from neighbours is surely a good thing. Which means all in all more profit from a job and let's be honest it's why we all do it.

Well i for one still tempted.

Never used one. But know people who have.

One question. May be a stupid one but cutting l shapes for round windows. Can it be done!?

Permarock done loads of this and not a name your hear too much these days. Do you know who he was working for? Was it Permarock direct?

Doesn't have to be a cutmaster. P1SS has a got a range of cutters coming in.

I subbied to a subby who worked labour only to a Permarock contractor who I only know as Les in Worksop. That was 2000 to about 2002. Big contract in Mansfield on Wimpy no-fines.

It's a small world, we worked direct for permarock in Mansfield on same wimpy no fines around that time, probably more like 1998/9 I was an apprentice then.

Status
Not open for further replies.