eps hot wire

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
Thinking of getting one.

Dont know whether to go.for the tripod one that you can use on a scaff or the hand.held jigsaw type.

Thoughts? And where sells them

We are just waiting for our stock of various Hot Wire Cutters to arrive from Germany mate. If you drop me an email I can send you the spec and prices of each one over.

@Dansouthcoast84 ive got a handheld hotknife and to be fair they save a lot of mess and a fair bit of time to, i was thinking of getting the stand up ones myself, i got my handheld from ebay a while back from germany pretty cheap too hope this helps:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this might sound daft but what is an eps Hotwire?only thing I can think is something to do with Ewi as it's the one thing I haven't done at some point.

With the machines you can cut a full board very accurately and quickly. You can do this by hand but is obviously slower and harder to do.

Once our machines arrive your more than welcome to come and have a go with it and see if it is what you require

Ok this might sound daft but what is an eps Hotwire?only thing I can think is something to do with Ewi as it's the one thing I haven't done at some point.

Being in the ewi section youd be right mate!lol.

Its a hot wire that cuts the insulation istead of using a saw

@Dansouthcoast84 ive got a handheld hotknife and to be fair they save a lot of mess and a fair bit of time to, i was thinking of getting the stand up ones myself, i got my handheld from ebay a while back from germany pretty cheap too hope this helps:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeah been looking at the hand held.

Just biy worried bout room on scaff for an upright

Being in the ewi section youd be right mate!lol.

Its a hot wire that cuts the insulation istead of using a saw
lol didn't read the top always just click new posts,I knew you did ewi combined with never hearing of it so a bit of an educated guess really.i take it they make the job a lot easyer then.

Yeah been looking at the hand held.

Just biy worried bout room on scaff for an upright
the one ive got is still selling on fleabay for about £70 inc delivery from germany its ok for a mess about just make sure yo ask for 110v you can snip the end off and put a yellow male socket on then jobs a goodun if you dont get on its didnt cost a lot and you could always put it back on ebay im seriously considering the upright but not 100% cus i think they have to be converted

the one ive got is still selling on fleabay for about £70 inc delivery from germany its ok for a mess about just make sure yo ask for 110v you can snip the end off and put a yellow male socket on then jobs a goodun if you dont get on its didnt cost a lot and you could always put it back on ebay im seriously considering the upright but not 100% cus i think they have to be converted

Plus they about 1500quid

I had 3 jobs between 600-800m2 EWI with 200mm insulation boards. When we started on the first the hand saw just didn't work, the hot knife was not long enough, the cut wasn't strait , and I decided to invest in hot wire cutter. The best think I did! Boarding was a dream! If you do insulatioon 100mm and above ,then is worth buying one,but if is less,then you will be alright with the hot knife. The smell on the other hand.......! When you choose hot wire make sure you know what do you want! In my case it needed to universal and easy to move around- no cables, and to be able to stand on its own and to be fixed to the scafold . Ended up buying one from Germany with battery and separate 230v cable. The best one I found at the time.The battery lasted good 3 days with extreme use. With the cutter you have and hot knife for free:RpS_thumbup:, which is not as quick as the 110v, but for the windows and small cuts is ok . One think you have to keep in mind is the boards have to be free of any dirt or ice, otherwise is very hard to cut through and very likely to brake the wire. Also don't tide the wire too much :RpS_blushing:. Happy shopping :RpS_thumbup:

I had 3 jobs between 600-800m2 EWI with 200mm insulation boards. When we started on the first the hand saw just didn't work, the hot knife was not long enough, the cut wasn't strait , and I decided to invest in hot wire cutter. The best think I did! Boarding was a dream! If you do insulatioon 100mm and above ,then is worth buying one,but if is less,then you will be alright with the hot knife. The smell on the other hand.......! When you choose hot wire make sure you know what do you want! In my case it needed to universal and easy to move around- no cables, and to be able to stand on its own and to be fixed to the scafold . Ended up buying one from Germany with battery and separate 230v cable. The best one I found at the time.The battery lasted good 3 days with extreme use. With the cutter you have and hot knife for free:RpS_thumbup:, which is not as quick as the 110v, but for the windows and small cuts is ok . One think you have to keep in mind is the boards have to be free of any dirt or ice, otherwise is very hard to cut through and very likely to brake the wire. Also don't tide the wire too much :RpS_blushing:. Happy shopping :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks. Seems to be alot of people saying the same. Doing a 300m at min at 120.

Doing few 90mm and got a 200m at 50mm to do. Fed up with the mess really

Here are a few images of the products we are bringing out. All 110v and scaffold mountable

Will update our website with prices soon

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1422733928.033786.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1422733964.949550.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1422734012.217139.jpg

Last edited:
I use a hot knife at the moment. But like perfect cuts. There are a few makes around and prices. A hand saw is faster but causes a mess. Trying to get those polyballs out of a lawn is impossible.

Just starting a job where the boards are stuck on with fixing foam so no whisk, cables, gorrila tubs and bags of powder in the way. Thats a bonus.

Just starting a job where the boards are stuck on with fixing foam so no whisk, cables, gorrila tubs and bags of powder in the way. Thats a bonus.

I was looking at sto vid and they were using compressor for adhesive. Havent seen fixing foam. What system?

I can copy youtube addresses but cant paste on this Ipad. So if you find a sto vid on youtube then click on their name a list of sto vids will come up.

Find one to do with ewi and you will see their foam fix. Not quite the same to use as mineral, you only have one chance. But you can use it down to 0c.

I did do a test panel on paint and it would not pull off so sticky stuff.

It will probably be next week when I do the two gables with it I will let you know how I get on.

Plus they about 1500quid
I'm pretty sure that the company I was looking to buy mine from was asking for around £300-£400 but that included the hot knife with attachments the upright cutter styrogrips and delivery so it's a third of the price and your getting more tools for your ££££

I'm pretty sure that the company I was looking to buy mine from was asking for around £300-£400 but that included the hot knife with attachments the upright cutter styrogrips and delivery so it's a third of the price and your getting more tools for your ££££

Got a website?

@Rigsby is that the sto turbo fix your talking about? ive used that before mate its the knackers i must admit

Status
Not open for further replies.