Enrichments

Members online

Broch

Hi guys

I have some cornice enrichments I need to reproduce. What's the best way to remove the old paint on the originals so I get more detail on my reproductions.

Hi guys

I have some cornice enrichments I need to reproduce. What's the best way to remove the old paint on the originals so I get more detail on my reproductions.
Might be better leaving the paint on so they look like the others that are still up.

You can try peelaway 7 which don't need neutralising after the paint came off, it's about 40 quid for a 5kg tub and blankets, best leave it on for 24 hrs or more if you got thick paint on it, DDC can get it in next day, or you can always order online

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Remove and soak in boiling water, then using small picking tools remove.

easiest, safest and quickest way.

Done quite a few lately
https://www.instagram.com/plastermouldings/

Thanks mike. I'll give that a go. I got a tester pot of peelaway 7 and it's worked well but I would have to order more.

Very nice work there mike. Thanks again.
You can try peelaway 7 which don't need neutralising after the paint came off, it's about 40 quid for a 5kg tub and blankets, best leave it on for 24 hrs or more if you got thick paint on it, DDC can get it in next day, or you can always order online

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks zolco. I got a tester pot and it's worked well. Gona give the boiling water a go before I order more.

Thanks again. Chris.

image.jpeg
Boiling water wins hands down.

We cleaned a cornice in London with peel away and if left for to long it started to eat away into cornice so we only done over night then scraped back next morning pure aggro that stuff get on your skin it's burns big time