Electrical Boxes On Lightweight Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davekent

Hi all,

Now I see several of you are not too keen on the electricians. Can you tell me what depth you would expect to spread on a new build kitchen wall covered with electric points? Would you expect cables to be capped on the block work and 1" boxes be on the surface? or would you expect the spark to chase them in, if so, to what depth?

Any views would be appreciated

Dave

Most new buildings are dot and dabbed now so boxes normally surface mounted if there not to deep capping can be a bit of a problem for the boards around the box sometimes obviously use the plastic capping as the metal needs earthing. Float and set chase boxes and leave half inch 15mm proud and of course tuck your wires neatly in it.

Mostly I want stuff cover able at 12.5 mm Dave,as superspread says we will put a max of 15 mm on so you need to be deeper

i would like to see the cables capped and the boxes cut in and left just in front of the capping

As above Dave. 12mm is nice, and cables neatly tucked in.

Welcome along by the way :RpS_thumbsup: where are you from love?

even if they were chased right in it wouldnt be a problem really just cut them out as the gear picks up a bit i find it easier to cut out the box once its kind of half set, too wet and it just rolls down the wall then you got to trowel it out and to dry and its a git to get out

12mm or even better chased in the wall ,, if they are chased in lightweight blocks, most firms we do work for like the chases filled in with sand and cement

Status
Not open for further replies.