Eifs training

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have thought it might have been sensible to look at the labour force before they start setting silly targets, shows how much the people sat in offices know its like the cscs card they get given away cheaply to anyone who can use a hawk and trowel complete waste of money, they should abolish citb and all these ******* stupid nvqs, they think there acquiring a skilled workforce mugs
I thought u were barred off this thread spunky........there's just not stopping the spunkster.........:RpS_laugh:

i still haven't used any of my city and guilds qualifications. I'd have been better off learning german,spanish and french on my block release

hi there i live in bristol and im interested in doing this course could you let me know when the course starts down here thanks..

Allright Ash all the Optimum lads are doing it at the moment and its costing some of them a few quid to do, I know they are gonna be getting into it aswell and I think they are using there offices as a training centre, but you always hear rumours that never turn out to be true.

NVQ 3 in plastering will cover your H and S aspects and go towards your qualification in external insulation, you would only have to show the assessors that you can 1. fix EPS to a substrate. 2. apply base coat, mesh and beads, 3. apply finishes correctly you will then recieve an NVQ2 in External Insulation which in turn will allow you on site to apply EIFS after October 2012 when the CERT programme becomes the GREEN DEAL I hope this is all clear now.

Ivor send me contact details here External Insulation Training Services and will sort dates out for you

Wonder if it's just for optimum boys I would like to do the course done a little bit only for a day so don't know how the full system works have you done much bod?

No I haven't ever done it Ash and don't have any interest in getting into it, and from what I have seen on site its always large gangs doing it.

Allright Ash all the Optimum lads are doing it at the moment and its costing some of them a few quid to do, I know they are gonna be getting into it aswell and I think they are using there offices as a training centre, but you always hear rumours that never turn out to be true.

Hmmmm rumours eh..... you never know in this game...

No I haven't ever done it Ash and don't have any interest in getting into it, and from what I have seen on site its always large gangs doing it.

when we where doing it on large sites in london me ,my brothers and our sons would make up a gang of about ten as the site had to move quickly.
the money has gone out of thin coat render now.
we have all gone our seperate ways and the money is a lot better.

I was hoping you might have done some training up newcastle way steve since your a geordie bloke..........Do you know which colleges you will be using??
i would like some guidance to this also mate.interested in doing course.will be about 3 of us.is there anywhere closer to us.

i would like some guidance to this also mate.interested in doing course.will be about 3 of us.is there anywhere closer to us.

Not at the minute frenchy....like i mentioned before your looking at weber/parex or SAS for training and they are fooookin miles away marra........:RpS_mad:

looks like a travelodge job mate.gona have to get something sorted somewhere soon otherwise it will be another year gone by and am not getn any younger.see what happens but will keep you posted.

We also opened our training centre this month in the "North" which includes courses in Monocouche and EWI systems it's been a year in the making! Currently there are no qualifications out there as these are going to be launched with the Green Deal. The NVQ 2 available is for Insulation and is usually site based so you already have to be working within the industry and on a site. Our courses are aimed at teaching you the trade and then you gaining experience before all the Green Deal and ECO work starts. Plasterers are the easiest to teach as they can already use a hawk and trowel. The manufacturers training is to teach you about using there product and they expect you to be able to render before you go on the course. What the Green Deal is also going to change is that you will all have to become "approved contractors" by the manufacturer before you can even install there product where as at the moment you can sometimes get away with just a few of the gang being approved, everyone on the job will have to be approved when it starts so they know that everyone in the industry has been trained properly.

Yes I call it a handboard too! but apparently a hawk is just the more generic term for it when teaching I'm advised!

We also opened our training centre this month in the "North" which includes courses in Monocouche and EWI systems it's been a year in the making! Currently there are no qualifications out there as these are going to be launched with the Green Deal. The NVQ 2 available is for Insulation and is usually site based so you already have to be working within the industry and on a site. Our courses are aimed at teaching you the trade and then you gaining experience before all the Green Deal and ECO work starts. Plasterers are the easiest to teach as they can already use a hawk and trowel. The manufacturers training is to teach you about using there product and they expect you to be able to render before you go on the course. What the Green Deal is also going to change is that you will all have to become "approved contractors" by the manufacturer before you can even install there product where as at the moment you can sometimes get away with just a few of the gang being approved, everyone on the job will have to be approved when it starts so they know that everyone in the industry has been trained properly.

Have you got NVQ 2 yet?

i found it simple as been doing it years just had to show them some previous work i d id and a quick skill test also health and safety just going over old stuff really...

That's what I mean it was far too easy and frightening to think that people are being passed who have not got the experience behind them!

NPS - they just come and look at your work its the paper work which usually takes longer and your CSCS usually covers the H&S element.

our lass is an NVQ assessor among tonnes of other things too and for her to pass anyone it takes far more than 2/3 days even if they have experience in what they are trying to pass

i only asked the question because id like to know if a young lad with no experience in the trade could get his NVQ in 2/3 days?

NVQs are being taken the pisss out of!! National Vocational Qualification is suppose to mean and do what it says on the tin and not do a bit of rendering in 'bays' while not at work,,, seems like a big cheat to me!! but i suppose someone will come on here and defend it

and just to let you know NVQs have finnished now they are called qcf, has far as im aware

Last edited:
Of coure they could these little training centres are set up to take a piece of the pie, when they say get trained etc to do a better job there full of s**t they'll put every **** through

you cant get an NVQ going to a training centre (if you can then thats wank and a fiddle) you need to be at work to get the qualification hence the word N Vocational Q (unless its totally different in the building trade, which it shouldnt be and i very much doubt it is)

render when do you bring in the QCF?

Status
Not open for further replies.