Eifs training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Render Systems

Private Member
Hi well we will be up and running very soon taking bookings for courses, what you will get is a introduction to solid wall insulation EIFS/EWI it will be a 3 day course where you will recieve full training in retrofit EIFS applications there are training bays where you will be able to apply a full system from start to finish.
If you are an employee of a plastering company then if your employer is CITB registered then they can put you through a 1 day intro course free of charge and you will able to sit NVQII free of charge also.
If your employer puts you through the full 3 day course then the full cost of training will be refunded to them via material discounts.
We now have 2 centres that we can offer training 1 in Uckfield Sussex and the other in Bristol.
We are working with colleges also and may be able to offer these intro courses around the UK

get your details on here External Insulation Training Services if interested

if you go for the NVQII which you WILL need after October to be allowed on site you will recive a certificate like mine below... but to be honest its more about H and S bullshit we teach you how to do it properly certificate on link.

PS Spunky i blocked you months ago so dont waste your time or mine posting any comments

Blocked spunky lol:RpS_lol: discrimination for sure :RpS_lol: would love to see spunky at one of you're training courses, feckin bedlam

Last edited:
True mate I agree but he's good for a laff, like your attitude tho, but if you can get spunkster into one of you're classes you can show the downside, as in of what not to be:RpS_thumbup: don't think he's as bad as you think he is, he just likes a noise up

Last edited:
Well done in setting up this training, and getting it recognised by CITB and NVQ approved!
Good Luck to you!

With everyone wanting to get involved in the Greendeal stuff, I'm sure you will get some interest!

If you ever choose to run a boarded render course - let me know!

You can't read this then you jumped up, arrogant, full of s**t, big time lying ******* who was bullied at school :)

I'm keen to get on the ewi, just filled out your form. How do you differ to the course I could o at weber though?

nick

How does the material rebate work? Got a few guys that i wanna get trained up and uckfield is quite close to us

I was hoping you might have done some training up newcastle way steve since your a geordie bloke..........Do you know which colleges you will be using??

Dont believe all the hype re the EWI NVQ requirements.

With the forthcoming schedule of programmed works in EWI, there's not a chance in hell that there will be enough fully nvq2 rated personnel to apply ewi.

Even if every course was filled to capacity between now and the end of the year, this wouldn't service all ewi requirements in the short term.

Keep your money in your pocket and go with the flow

With the forthcoming schedule of programmed works in EWI, there's not a chance in hell that there will be enough fully nvq2 rated personnel to apply ewi.

Even if every course was filled to capacity between now and the end of the year, this wouldn't service all ewi requirements in the short term.

total toss, we where doing thin coat systems in london and rotterdam 20 years ago .keep your money in your pocket,not worth learning

Hi under Cert you dont need NVQ to apply eifs all i know is that most of the main contractors like carillion, kiers etc are putting all their guys through them, also i think all big contracting companies are getting set up for PAS2030 when the green deal does kick in, so its entirely up to the individual whether they want an NVQ or they dont, I put myself through the course as i thought what the hell... its FREE so why not... and as im CITB registered i got £300 back per man i put through

Malc i was doing thin coat systems in germany in the 80's and when it came over here 15 years ago i was straight back into it...

I know all the hype about green deal and we will need this and that to get into the work... well im just getting prepared and getting all in order for if and when the transition from Cert to Green Deal comes into effect... as the boys scouts motto goes "Be Prepared"

I totally agree with Jaspers statement also there will be a serious shortage of skilled applicators, and not enough traning facilities in the UK to handle the demand as the goverment announced that the expect to need 65,000 qualified tradesmen to carry out the expected work load...

So someone will get the work as the goverment has to meet emmissions targets... call me daft for beliving all the hype... but i have got my NVQ, I am going through PAS2030 and I am setting a training school up for anyone whos interested, and you just need to look at Collo's post his company have sites all over the UK requiring men... and i know they require subcontractors with all documentation in place and a trained skilled workforce...

Hi Currier the 3 day course costs will be refunded via a materials rebate if you take the 3 day course.
If you are CITB registered you get £300.00 per man for putting them through the training we will be charging this for the one day course but will be offering discounts for the first few takers if 8 men booked in at once, so the one day course will cost you nothing at all as you get the £300.00 back from the CITB
If you put your men through the 3 day course then its another £600.00 per person
However you can get a full £900.00 back if you spend £10,000.00 on materials in the form of a discount so if your a big company with a high work load then this is the way to go as you will actually get the £300 back of the CITB and a £900 material discount so your cost = £900 you get back £1,200.00.

I got great feedback from Weston College and they are now looking into running a course so their facility could be available and from what the college dons say then most colleges will be running courses soon to take up the demand as they get lots and lots of funding so the courses will probably soon be free for apprentiships only

Fair play to you Render Systems!! I am sure you will be busy as both a training hub and contractor!

As with all site works, the client issues a contract to the various contractors of which all responcibility gets passed down to the guys doing the work (or in most cases, the company who is appointed to supply the labour and do the work). The requirements for the guys to be qualified to a certain standard will be passed all the way down the chain.... if the guys who actually do the work (or their supervisors) are not suitable qualified that is the risk the various parts in the chain takes........
As with almost everything in the construction industry, who is there to check? (who checks the skills of the sparks, chippes, steel errectors, plastered...etc?)
There are lots of posts about CSCS cards and the checks now in place..... how long have they been around? MC's are only recently started to check for these... probably as a result of accidents and insurance demands!

I suspect that contracts will be placed and terms will state that the companies doing the work must ensure that their guys are all certified to do the work..... it will then be up to them to make sure and check......
Then in the even of a failure, the legal process goes into operation, back checking to find fault and then get whoever is reponcible to put right at their cost, and pay fines....?
It will only be after a few costly errors, where eventually the client has to pay to put right, that all the necessary checks will be put in place.....

I'm sure that as the green deal work kicks in, the prices will drop as non qualified / skilled guys and companies try to cash in...... to the detriment of the render industry!
At least Collo has come onto this forum and invited people who have experience to bid for the work and actually ask what the correct rates should be!

Be smart - do it right - get the quals and do a good job...... for the good of the render industry as a whole!

Fair play to you Render Systems!! I am sure you will be busy as both a training hub and contractor!

As with all site works, the client issues a contract to the various contractors of which all responcibility gets passed down to the guys doing the work (or in most cases, the company who is appointed to supply the labour and do the work). The requirements for the guys to be qualified to a certain standard will be passed all the way down the chain.... if the guys who actually do the work (or their supervisors) are not suitable qualified that is the risk the various parts in the chain takes........
As with almost everything in the construction industry, who is there to check? (who checks the skills of the sparks, chippes, steel errectors, plastered...etc?)
There are lots of posts about CSCS cards and the checks now in place..... how long have they been around? MC's are only recently started to check for these... probably as a result of accidents and insurance demands!

I suspect that contracts will be placed and terms will state that the companies doing the work must ensure that their guys are all certified to do the work..... it will then be up to them to make sure and check......
Then in the even of a failure, the legal process goes into operation, back checking to find fault and then get whoever is reponcible to put right at their cost, and pay fines....?
It will only be after a few costly errors, where eventually the client has to pay to put right, that all the necessary checks will be put in place.....

I'm sure that as the green deal work kicks in, the prices will drop as non qualified / skilled guys and companies try to cash in...... to the detriment of the render industry!
At least Collo has come onto this forum and invited people who have experience to bid for the work and actually ask what the correct rates should be!

Be smart - do it right - get the quals and do a good job...... for the good of the render industry as a whole!

Here Here !!!!!!

What's collos website? Company? I'm not with citb, I'm sole so the three day course would cost me 900 smackers yeah?

I think Collo dictates the rates though

He is the clients contractor.... so he is working to a price, or percentage, as well. But he has some liability because he is appointing the contractors to do the work......

I'm sure I read that he was asking what a fair rate would be though...... at least he was asking!

why dont you just get your NVQ then off your own valition if your experienced then you just have to show some past works and possibly show them some on site work to get assessed... dont know if collo wants his details bandied obout on here... i would send him a PM if your looking to subby.
As for the NVQ its more H and S this is whats required to pass it
level 1 conforming to general H and S in the work place
level 2 conforming to productive working practices in the work place
level 2 moving handling and storing rescourses in the work place
level 2 installing external wall insulation in the workplace
level 2 applying surface finishes to ewi in the work place

So if you already have a cscs card you have done the h and s stuff just show past work and demonstrate you can do the system

hope this helps mate

what the developers/builder contractors want from the render systems is the 10/20 year guarantee so that it takes all responsibility away from them. the render contractors that i have worked for are british kite marked and subcontract off the system manufacturer

Are we talking nvq solid plastering? I got assessed for that years ago to level three.

Sorry if this is getting mundane now, I'm just trying to sus the whole thing out

so do you think this is gonna be needed to do ewi work as i have me advanced craft cert in plastering

Why does this country feel the need to do things as quick as possible as cheap as poss, the houses aren't going to go away

The way its going, anyone that knows what a hawk and trowel looks like, will be involuntarily press ganged into EWI - such will be the demand for labour over any qulaification1

Why does this country feel the need to do things as quick as possible as cheap as poss, the houses aren't going to go away
It,s not the country ,it,s people trying to earn as much as they can as quick as they can ,from the likes of you and me

It,s not the country ,it,s people trying to earn as much as they can as quick as they can ,from the likes of you and me

You would have thought it might have been sensible to look at the labour force before they start setting silly targets, shows how much the people sat in offices know its like the cscs card they get given away cheaply to anyone who can use a hawk and trowel complete waste of money, they should abolish citb and all these ******* stupid nvqs, they think there acquiring a skilled workforce mugs

hi there i live in bristol and im interested in doing this course could you let me know when the course starts down here thanks..

You would have thought it might have been sensible to look at the labour force before they start setting silly targets, shows how much the people sat in offices know its like the cscs card they get given away cheaply to anyone who can use a hawk and trowel complete waste of money, they should abolish citb and all these ******* stupid nvqs, they think there acquiring a skilled workforce mugs
totally agree, it's white collars jumping on the band wagon that want to bum cash out of building with out actually having anything to do with building. I was told a while ago that the funds from CScs go to a registered charity in Lithuania.

Status
Not open for further replies.