Eibenstock alpha

leicesterjester

had a eibenstock mixer for a while in storage till my mega mixer packed up. Got it out the garage the other day and mixed a bag of dab up perfect went back to clean it and it's completely dead. Tried a different transformer and it's not that, checked the connection into the plug and no joy there either. Also opened the handle up and everything is connected okay to the switch. Any suggestions on what it could be or who to send it to for fixing?
Cheers

It's litrally never been used, got a good deal on it a while back and only been used a handful of times where Iv left the other on a job

Mine used to do that it was the lead broken but it’s been used a lot and fell over loads of times still it’s 20 odd years old now

A few times I've cut the top 300-400mm off the cable at the trigger end and rewired it up and it's worked most times. If it's been dropped on the cable or wrapped the wrong way it can fracture the wires inside

had a eibenstock mixer for a while in storage till my mega mixer packed up. Got it out the garage the other day and mixed a bag of dab up perfect went back to clean it and it's completely dead. Tried a different transformer and it's not that, checked the connection into the plug and no joy there either. Also opened the handle up and everything is connected okay to the switch. Any suggestions on what it could be or who to send it to for fixing?
Cheers

smiths hire fix my tools fairly cheap.

Cheers

Sounds like the cable to me mate. More than welcome to send it to us for fixing

True, mixer death can be consoled by helping others..

Cheers

Mixers are an important part of our trade but not as much as trowels.. .

This one could be yours..

Eibenstock alpha

Estimated to be worth over £200

https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/the-final-prize-draw.70401/

Halogen light burnt threw my cable once. Just after 1st coat. Had to use lads yorkshire pudding whisk

Had this one happen before so may be worth checking.

There used to be a metal clamp just inside the handle to prevent the wires being pulled out which if over tight and depending on how it's been stored could cause a wire to break so, disconnect wires in handle strip back past the clamp point and inspect. Repair or rewire depending on what you find.