Economy

Members online

That's what it is,time will tell,we can pretend we know on here but we dont,we can constantly watch the news drivel then post all them facts on here which half is bullshit.what happened with brexit? All doom mongers saying oh the worlds guna be over etc we will not survive,economy was booming b4 this happened
I certainly have never said it will last years,most economists reckon short sharp shock.

The Bank of England have said we're in for recession, we all know that,GDP is estimated to contract 14% in the year, but they forcast it will be a short sharp shock due to various factors. No body has a crystal ball but you can predict future outcomes on predicted circumstances.

this virus is far from over,it will be with us in some form for decades,everybody will have to adjust to a different world,
1.at doctors yesterday,every other chair in waiting room had sign on do not sit here,receptionist/nurse wearing a mask,doctors mostly telephone call to patients.
2.cinema,customers will be spread out,an entire row of seats will be empty,then more seats,the cinema needs to have as many people as possible in to pay overheads staff/electric/rates etc,they can not possibly survive on a partially filled cinema.
3.a ban on changing rooms in shops, who is going to buy an item of clothing without trying it on first,result sales down/more refunds etc.
4.go to a restaraunt/pub for a meal,having your meals fetched to your table by someone wearing a mask,again partially filled .
bank of england yesterday said worst recession ever is upon us,everybody myself included over these next few days/months are in for some unpleasent times,and its going to get worse, much worse,over the coming weeks/months there will be many many closures ,cinemas/gyms/cafes/pubs shops,.........this is just the start,...and dont think you wont be affected we all will only a matter of time before sites close down,...plasterers/plumbers/brickies/joiners/builders merchants not getting paid people going bust ,....... a truly very large nightmare is approacing fast.
Where's the evidence sites are going to close down ? Drive around look at the amounts not of new builds going up, huge estates, 2-3 year sites.would builders carry on getting them out of the ground if they didn't think theyd sell them 12 months down the line etc.

Another plus anyone including myself that have wanted a change could consider we just go working part time am being serious too this maybe a good way to view it going back Tuesday Wednesday Thursday work
Then off
I’m definitely gonna go down to a 3 day week been thinking about it for ages! All this shite has made me think it to enjoy life more and pursue my hobbies and fitness

The only way out was for all vulnerables to isolate with carers , allow the population to take their chance , once everyone has been exposed then vulnerable wouldn't be at risk
Economy could have carried on but many would have died and political suicide for any government but our country would be one of the richest in the world
That was my opinion at first but you start watching the news and all the scaremongering and start believing it.

I'm getting tenders in for new build sites early next year at present, and start of the week booked a site of 12 houses in to be rendered on a site near me likely to 700k upwards each for October/November time. I'm not saying it's not going to be sluggish but sweeping statements that everyone will go bust etc it's just nonsense.

Where's the evidence sites are going to close down ? Drive around look at the amounts not of new builds going up, huge estates, 2-3 year sites.would builders carry on getting them out of the ground if they didn't think theyd sell them 12 months down the line etc.
Dont think sites will close down,but if you go back to 2008,work drastically scaled back.i know a joiner who had 30 subbies working for him,it ended up with just 3 guys working for him at the bottom of that.that site was going full pelt,hundreds of houses planned then that recession happened.

That was my opinion at first but you start watching the news and all the scaremongering and start believing it.
We have to get back up and running, the lockdown was only suppose to be short term to quash the peak and allow the NHS to cope, we've done that now, let's get back to it , be it slowly fair enough. People saying it's not safe etc, the majority of which are getting paid to stay at home, you'd think when furlough ends next month they may well change there view.

Dont think sites will close down,but if you go back to 2008,work drastically scaled back.i know a joiner who had 30 subbies working for him,it ended up with just 3 guys working for him at the bottom of that.that site was going full pelt,hundreds of houses planned then that recession happened.
I packed in last time, 2009 I went van driving so I know tough times, but that was a lack of finance aswell as a banking crises, it's not the same as what we're dealing with here, it's comparing apples with pears.

We have to get back up and running, the lockdown was only suppose to be short term to quash the peak and allow the NHS to cope, we've done that now, let's get back to it , be it slowly fair enough. People saying it's not safe etc, the majority of which are getting paid to stay at home, you'd think when furlough ends next month they may well change there view.
As an island we should never have been in this situation the Tories have f**k*d up big time cousin lives in new Zealand shut down two weeks everything near enough back to normal now.

I packed in last time, 2009 I went van driving so I know tough times, but that was a lack of finance aswell as a banking crises, it's not the same as what we're dealing with here, it's comparing apples with pears.
At the moment we will not know how sites will be affected,it will take time for builders to assess demand,once people return to work,could be months .
But there has been no recession that new build houses have not been seriously impacted on that i remember.

As an island we should never have been in this situation the Tories have f**k*d up big time cousin lives in new Zealand shut down two weeks everything near enough back to normal now.
you may be right, we should have closed up earlier and stuff like cheltnam festival was nuts, but we are we're we are with it. You can't really blame the government they acted on advice at the time, and all the financial schemes have been implemented pretty well so far,

At the moment we will not know how sites will be affected,it will take time for builders to assess demand,once people return to work,could be months .
But there has been no recession that new build houses have not been seriously impacted on that i remember.
They wouldn't be getting sites out of the ground now at the foundation stage and putting millions into it if they forecasted they wouldn't sell them 12 months down the line they'd mothball the site now surely. Our population is getter bigger and bigger we all need somewhere to live, even since 12 years ago, the demand for houses outstrips demand every year, that and factoring money is cheap to borrow, most people's jobs secure etc.

you may be right, we should have closed up earlier and stuff like cheltnam festival was nuts, but we are we're we are with it. You can't really blame the government they acted on advice at the time, and all the financial schemes have been implemented pretty well so far,
The delay was a balance of economy and lives , it also gave time for business to prepare

If what I’m hearing about gyms is right and they can’t open until October I can see a lot of them going under. The ground rent on some of these places is huge. October!!! They’ll never last that long.
A lot of amateur boxing clubs have received funding from England Boxing to help them pay rent. Obviously they need to be up and running to carry on the rest of the season. Some of us have been lucky enough to find places to train a few of the lads thank god .

Your right mate but should have had the balls to do what they thought was right and not look to someone else for guidance.

It’s time for holidays in Scarborough and Blackpool again.
Skegness. F*****g luv the place. UK speed weekend. Stock cars thursday night, saturday and Sunday. In between mixing with all the other ( holidaymakers) lol and pretending your not scottish when you see all the abominations wearing cellic and the rangers manky tops... love the beaches and met a few sound line fishermen In middle of night.. great place..

It’s human nature to survive whatever gets thrown at us we will come out the other end! Roof over your head and food in your belly is all that really matters in life everything else ain’t a necessity! I’m personally thinking about slowing down and doing more things I enjoy rather than grafting all the time I don’t need it anymore
I agree mate I ve spent 60 grand over the last 3 years and owe 20 grand on loans as long as I pay my mortgage the loans and credit cards can f**k right off.

Supply and demand, not enough new houses for demand,money never been as cheap to borrow ,plenty of good mortgages about, most people's jobs are secure, I think we'll be fine somehow and revert to type next year. The next 6 months will be steady away , it's finding a vaccine that's the key , I don't buy this going for years carry on there's no evidence of that.
[/QUO
1.most peoples jobs WERE secure,but not now,people will be going back to work very apprehensive about there jobs.
2.next 6 months will be steady away okay,.....steady away as in more and more firms closing down/people losing jobs,virus still here,no sign of vaccine at all.
3.lack of confidence/jobs going/firms closing down/, will eventually lead to sites being closed down.
4.i do not think we will be fine at all,....a nightmare recession is on its way to us all and fast/and will last for a very long time.
5.i understand your work is all sites,and i do totally get why you are trying to be upbeat/positive,.....but my advice to you and anybody else regardless of trade,.....keep an eye on your commitments/outgoings/money owed/rumours about builders closing sites,
6.finally nothing would please me more ,that 6 months from now i get totally ridiculed/torn apart on this forum/laughd at and mocked,.......as it would mean vaccine found/disease over/everything and everybody hunky dory,.................but it aint gonna happen

That's what it is,time will tell,we can pretend we know on here but we dont,we can constantly watch the news drivel then post all them facts on here which half is bullshit.what happened with brexit? All doom mongers saying oh the worlds guna be over etc we will not survive,economy was booming b4 this happened
well i agree with every single word you say pi,..problem is the world has never ever faced anything like this before therefore you can not compare it to any reccession before,this is truly frightning stuff of nightmares

The Bank of England have said we're in for recession, we all know that,GDP is estimated to contract 14% in the year, but they forcast it will be a short sharp shock due to various factors. No body has a crystal ball but you can predict future outcomes on predicted circumstances.
yes quite right owls,but how can anybody predict these circumstances,this virus,its effect

well i agree with every single word you say pi,..problem is the world has never ever faced anything like this before therefore you can not compare it to any reccession before,this is truly frightning stuff of nightmares
I've said previously this is no ordinary recession so we can not predict,nor can the news.it could very well turn put like you say but it could also be a v shape recovery like alot of experts have predicted,so what's point at this moment in time worrying about it,we will know where we are heading by xmas then we can all take stock then

i am sensing concern/panic/apprehension in your comments owls,....which is understandable,....but give it 3/6 months,sites will be closing /put into mothballs all over the country.

yes quite right owls,but how can anybody predict these circumstances,this virus,its effect

Hector, don't know if you are into "tin foil hat" stuff, short video there, very interesting watch. draw your own conclusions.

I'm off out for the day to enjoy the weather.