Ebay and Nela

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpc73

What do you guys think, i'm after a Nela 16" s*p*r*lex trowel and tried to get one last week from P1SS, they were out of stock and said they were getting more tuesday. I phoned Tuesday and they said that they were still waiting on them that they would phone me when they come in. I'm still waiting on them but since that call have found them on Ebay and £4-5 cheaper with delivery, thing is I prefer to stick with reputable dealers rather than anything on ebay. but with Ebay I can get one delivered tomorrow and save money. So the question is do you guys trust Ebay and the products to be legit or should I wait?.

You never know what your getting off eBay, for the sake of 4-5 quid nd no hassle I'd rather just b patient and get a quality assured product with a guarantee

Pretty sure its Piss that supply the Nela trowels to that firm on ebay anyways. My opinion is to pay the extra and wait for a very trusted firm @Plasterers1StopShop ,that always go the extra bit with after service. Or just buy more trowels from Piss so it works out better on postage costs. Thats what i Tend to do :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or in my opinion buy the much better refina one pmsl just to put the cat amongst the pigeons

Hi Guys,

We supply the Guy selling on EBay. He is also out of stock on the 16" s*p*r*lex.

We have run out of stock of the 16 and 18" s*p*r*lex and are very low on the 14". I spoke to NELA today and delivery is due Wednesday next week at the latest.

We Also have our new tool range being delivered next week.

If you are looking for any of these sizes please let me know and I will put one aside for you. As soon as we have stock you will get yours the following day.

We also have another distributor coming on soon so that will help when stock runs low.

Ryan

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

We supply the Guy selling on EBay. He is also out of stock on the 16" s*p*r*lex.

We have run out of stock of the 16 and 18" s*p*r*lex and are very low on the 14". I spoke to NELA today and delivery is due Wednesday next week at the latest.

We. Also have our new tool range being delivered next week.

If you are looking for any of these sizes please let me know and I will put one aside for you. As soon as we have stock you will get yours the following day.

We also have another distributor coming on soon so that will help when stock runs low.

Ryan

You can't say fairer than that

Thanks P1SS i am in agreement with Finn and will shop with you, im after a 16" s*p*r*lex pls, would appreciate if you could put one buy for us. @scottie i used to use 18" all the time but after a while went back to a 14" to put on and trowel up with and have been like that for years till 3 years ago i started using the refina spat and now generally try anything that people are recommending that might make my life easier. I work hard enough so I like to try anything that might make my life easier. 16" seems like a good compromise from an 18-14.

Forgot to say thanks to P1SS for the offer of holding 1 back(am assuming I am talking to Ryan here) and yes gps you can't say fairer than that.

I started using 16" but yesterday I got my old refina 20" out to do a couple of ceilings and was much faster laying on. Finished off with a 16" s*p*r*lex, bang tidy!
Can't get a 20" now?

Thanks P1SS i am in agreement with Finn and will shop with you, im after a 16" s*p*r*lex pls, would appreciate if you could put one buy for us. @scottie i used to use 18" all the time but after a while went back to a 14" to put on and trowel up with and have been like that for years till 3 years ago i started using the refina spat and now generally try anything that people are recommending that might make my life easier. I work hard enough so I like to try anything that might make my life easier. 16" seems like a good compromise from an 18-14.

16" is probably a good start point if you have not used the Nela s*p*r*lex before. Once you get the timings right I believe you will want an 18" .
I have asked @Plasterers1StopShop for a 20 inch to be custom made if possible for the simple reasons that I am a greedy fecker and the amounts of multi i can now finish with ease and speed amazes me still. I have a few of the other firms ref s*p*r*lex that have stayed in the same box they turned up in. I wont be using them as i now have no need to. I am hoping @scottie5 may buy them from me :RpS_thumbsup:. I personally can not rate the Nela s*p*r*lex any higher, As its up and beyond a 10 out of 10 in my book. If you are prepared to graft to get the gear on you will shocked on how easy it is to finish at a high standard with ease.:RpS_thumbup:

16" is probably a good start point if you have not used the Nela s*p*r*lex before. Once you get the timings right I believe you will want an 18" .
I have asked @Plasterers1StopShop for a 20 inch to be custom made if possible for the simple reasons that I am a greedy fecker and the amounts of multi i can now finish with ease and speed amazes me still. I have a few of the other firms ref s*p*r*lex that have stayed in the same box they turned up in. I wont be using them as i now have no need to. I am hoping @scottie5 may buy them from me :RpS_thumbsup:. I personally can not rate the Nela s*p*r*lex any higher, As its up and beyond a 10 out of 10 in my book. If you are prepared to graft to get the gear on you will shocked on how easy it is to finish at a high standard with ease.:RpS_thumbup:

How many metres you throwing on Chris? Do you do all your troweling with the s*p*r*lex or just the later passes?

handtoolsexpress were selling nela last week but now dont seem to be doing them. i'm certain they were. unless im losing it. what the fcuk is going on :RpS_confused: and those plastic trowels. and the mixm8. and the bucket glove. they're doing free delivery but seem to have put most prices ip by the cost of the delivery.

Well today i thought i would see what i could do with just a standard trowel to put on and finish with the Nela sf. So this meant no spats. the room was 4.5m by 7.7m . All plasterboard. Got on site at 7,I must say this is an extension so not site work really.After taping the ceiling and putting some beads on i mixed up my first set at 7.45.I finished this off before pop master at 10.30. second set done by 1.30pm and third set to finish the room by 4 pm.The third set i got out of 2 large buckets full first and second coat out of the same mix without flattening the first coat.I would normally put 2 bags ish on first coat, flatten with steel trowel. second coat. one pass with steel then on with the s*p*r*lex till its finished. I worked the room out as around 92 ish metres including the reveals.I was as i said before away by 4 pm so was pretty happy with that. all mixed and put on by me as i don't have the privilege of help .hope this helps and can put a picture up if you like :RpS_biggrin:

handtoolsexpress were selling nela last week but now dont seem to be doing them. i'm certain they were. unless im losing it. what the fcuk is going on :RpS_confused: and those plastic trowels. and the mixm8. and the bucket glove. they're doing free delivery but seem to have put most prices ip by the cost of the delivery.

Hi Mate,

Not heard of them advertising them, we have had reports of a few companies advertising them when they aren't actually buying them. Trying to get a bit more traffic to their sites i think

Nothing worng with the guy on ebay ... hassophandtools if im not mistaken ... had s/f's off him and other kit .... great service ... comes very well packed and even sends royal mail if you request it so your not getting bummed on a courier charge and you can pick it up from your local office rather than waiting in or trekking about if on site............

Well today i thought i would see what i could do with just a standard trowel to put on and finish with the Nela sf. So this meant no spats. the room was 4.5m by 7.7m . All plasterboard. Got on site at 7,I must say this is an extension so not site work really.After taping the ceiling and putting some beads on i mixed up my first set at 7.45.I finished this off before pop master at 10.30. second set done by 1.30pm and third set to finish the room by 4 pm.The third set i got out of 2 large buckets full first and second coat out of the same mix without flattening the first coat.I would normally put 2 bags ish on first coat, flatten with steel trowel. second coat. one pass with steel then on with the s*p*r*lex till its finished. I worked the room out as around 92 ish metres including the reveals.I was as i said before away by 4 pm so was pretty happy with that. all mixed and put on by me as i don't have the privilege of help .hope this helps and can put a picture up if you like :RpS_biggrin:
Lol! And I thought it was only me that aims for finishing set before pop master! Do you also push to get last hit on before Steve Wright? Lol!

Ha ha yep. I dont mind doing a final trowel over whist trying to do the pop master quiz, but drives me mental when some bellend starts with the impact driver or hammer drill half way through the questions.I personally aint too keen on Steve Wright so get done as quick as i can :RpS_thumbsup:

All this talk about nela s*p*r*lex has made me order one. Should arrive just after I finish skimming a house and start a render on an outside! Typical.

Hi Mate,

Not heard of them advertising them, we have had reports of a few companies advertising them when they aren't actually buying them. Trying to get a bit more traffic to their sites i think

they were definatley selling them last week, ryan. 100%. they had them in the scroller at the top of the homepage with the Mixm8. i know because i cross referenced the prices of their nela with free delivery with yours with paid delivery. that's the kind of guy i am. yours were still cheaper.

Hi Guys,

We Also have our new tool range being delivered next week.

Ryan

Ha ha ha I was a lucky boy getting your own personal 16" Nela from your office then. Must of been the last one in the country and its still unused! I will sell it too the highest desperate bidder.

they were definatley selling them last week, ryan. 100%. they had them in the scroller at the top of the homepage with the Mixm8. i know because i cross referenced the prices of their nela with free delivery with yours with paid delivery. that's the kind of guy i am. yours were still cheaper.

Hi mate, they haven't bought any from us so they were just showing them but not selling 100%. No way they can get hold of them unless they buy throw us :)

Sounds good. So can you use a s*p*r*lex much sooner than you would a plazzi? The plazzi has made my life much easier so if the super flex is as everyone says, better then I can't wait to get mine.Started getting arthritis in my hands so anything to cut down the trowelling is a must now.

Get yourself the biggest refina s*p*r*lex spat as well, use the spat to cover all the large areas then the Nela to do all the smaller bits, the two work well together both giving the same finish.

Get yourself the biggest refina s*p*r*lex spat as well, use the spat to cover all the large areas then the Nela to do all the smaller bits, the two work well together both giving the same finish.

Yeah been using my work Buddy's speed skim but so set in my ways its hard to convert even though I clearly see the benefit! Must change as its all about metres now and you gotta be a metre eater on site now or your wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.