Dying trade???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankers

How many years do you guys think we have left in this trade before technology brings something out and takes over

How many years do you guys think we have left in this trade before technology brings something out and takes over
Maybe a new product but will always need someone to apply....question is how long till the trade has to adapt to a new way of working

There's 25million houses in the UK there'll be plenty of artex ceiling reskims to go round (y).

It was a dying trade when I started over 30 years ago.too many variables too
Even think about.as said above I hope anyone starting now would get a lifetimes work out of this .
Seen the bricklaying machine on you tube but won't be viable on small projects etc,,,, commercial, house building projects is where the machine will
Eventually come into play in the coming years.
You ain't going to see a machine set up to skim 2 walls in a domestic.
I think :)

Plastering will be going till a comet hits earth like lodan said mite be a new way of working but will always need some poor soul to slap it on u cant teach a machine to have pride in its work..i think

It was a dying trade when I started over 30 years ago.too many variables too
Even think about.as said above I hope anyone starting now would get a lifetimes work out of this .
Seen the bricklaying machine on you tube but won't be viable on small projects etc,,,, commercial, house building projects is where the machine will
Eventually come into play in the coming years.
You ain't going to see a machine set up to skim 2 walls in a domestic.
I think :)
I think the only time the trade going to die if they get a machine for the puplic and diy people to save money and they would love that .plastiring is a craft and I don't think nothing will take over the trowel and hawk

I think the only time the trade going to die if they get a machine for the puplic and diy people to save money and they would love that .plastiring is a craft and I don't think nothing will take over the trowel and hawk
Wats a hawk??????

It'll go from new builds as construction changes over to SIPS and similar methods. That'll still leave plenty of old properties, but the site stuff has 10 years maximum IMHO.

It'll go from new builds as construction changes over to SIPS and similar methods. That'll still leave plenty of old properties, but the site stuff has 10 years maximum IMHO.
Il meet u bk here in 10 years to c if ur rite! If It did go airless we would just have to move with the times but I cnt c it myself

Il meet u bk here in 10 years to c if ur rite! If It did go airless we would just have to move with the times but I cnt c it myself

yes that airless stuff is going to really hurt the site bashers... I would be jumping on it early if i could :D
Yes need to take a proper look into it, think I can put it through my machine so would be stupid not to look at it.
Gotta be easier than skimming with multi ain't it!??

Not appropriate but

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    459.2 KB · Views: 377
It wont happen with looks of it it takes just as long to fill all joints out then sand it down etc just a posh dry lining I don't know how it works tbh never seen it done but wen dry lining came out I bet every1 said multi is dead now..hasnt happened wen knauf came out skimming is dead now..hasnt happened..multi-finish skim finish will always be here that airless would cost company's more money to use do u think there guna say Nah fck skimming use airless even tho will cost them more it wont happen

Maybe painted breezeblocks will come into fashion in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.