Dust sheets

Wheres the best place to get dust sheets from. Not to fussed about cost just need to do the job. Iv seen ones with a plastic back but not sure if there any good. Or any other suggestions to keep clean. Thanks.

lurpak

Try some of the canvas washable ones off eBay.. I used to spend so much on sheets and bin em. I wash em now. Got a second washing machine purely for sheets.

Cockney1

Plastic backed ones are shite on carpet mate, they ruck up and slide everywhere. Buy decent double cotton twill sheets and take them to a laundrette for a clean every now and then. I haven’t bought any for a while but screwfix probably have some??

We get ours from Costco, think they are about 8 quid each , unfortunately we have a knob of a health and safety guy who is insisting we can’t use them as they are a trip hazard apparently, so they supply us with roll and stroll, must be costing them a fortune

Try some of the canvas washable ones off eBay.. I used to spend so much on sheets and bin em. I wash em now. Got a second washing machine purely for sheets.
I always use dust proof polythene dosent walk on carpets roll it up and hose it off later, leaves a realy clean job loads on a roll for about £20

carys

Wheres the best place to get dust sheets from. Not to fussed about cost just need to do the job. Iv seen ones with a plastic back but not sure if there any good. Or any other suggestions to keep clean. Thanks.
To much hastle to put sheets m8 I tell the customer if you whant me to cover up il have to charge extra they soon cover up

lurpak

Yes it can be I give the customer a option as I explain what going to happen and most of them are fine to cover if not I shall get sheet from merchant and charge for them and labour
I can see the attraction to this. I just try to get the customer doing as little as possible as they usually f**k it up lol.

lurpak

No me to much hassle
No me to much hastle I miss the company I skim my self only look for a hand on big render jobs
I’ve tried many times to find one that’s keen but all I find is lazy fucks. No way I’m paying a bone idle c**t to wash a few buckets. I don’t trust em to pva correctly, just becomes a hassle.

I know of a few bums who will do a day here and there for cash so that works for me if I have a big boarding job or one that involve carrying a load of bags up a few storeys etc

Is a bit boring on ya todd tho I agree

carys

I’ve tried many times to find one that’s keen but all I find is lazy fucks. No way I’m paying a bone idle c**t to wash a few buckets. I don’t trust em to pva correctly, just becomes a hassle.

I know of a few bums who will do a day here and there for cash so that works for me if I have a big boarding job or one that involve carrying a load of bags up a few storeys etc

Is a bit boring on ya todd tho I agree
Yes agree very boring and it very hard to find some one you can trust nobody whant to graft nowadays

John j

Note better then turning up and customers done a mint job sheeting up. Even upstairs to toilet.
Cant cope with tarps. Gets to skiddy

paulf

I can see the attraction to this. I just try to get the customer doing as little as possible as they usually f**k it up lol.
Too right, last thing you want of a morning is to find out the customers idea of sheeting up is some shitty plastic and an old bed sheet.

lurpak

Think I’ll purchase a pack of theses.. I’ve been using roll an stroll lately. Takes a bit to put down but once it’s done it’s done until your f**k off the job.
Tried this for a while becomes
A ballache. Tried all the methods really . Nice thick canvas dustsheets n dont drop much lol