drylining ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke105

Hello all.

If I board the ceiling...tape the joints which I'm fine with...I just need to know about the ceiling edge?

Do I tape the internal corner then cut the excess tape on the wall once its set?

Or do I use no tape and just fill the gap around the ceiling edge then sand down?

Would love just some straight answers.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe he's just skimming the ceiling only.
In that case I would board the ceiling & leave a slight gap 1/8th of an inch around the perimeter, then put the tape on the board covering the gap & touching the wall, then force the plaster up into the gap, then skim ceiling. Never had it crack like that.
But even IF it did lol, you could use a thin bead of decorators caulk.

yeah but i read it as he's taping & jointing not skimming in which case i'd do the corners as normal as the joints will get sanded anyhow

Ahh I see, he does say tape the joints, so in that case your correct. :RpS_thumbsup:
I thought he meant tape the joints as in scrim tape.
Hmm maybe Danny can shed some light on this situation like ??
:RpS_unsure:

Probably a bit late for the OP, but make sure all the gaps are filled around the edge then run a flat tape of paper (like you would a joint between 2 boards) ie bed of filler/joint cement then paper tape bedded on it flush to the wall, then coat over as required

Status
Not open for further replies.