dryliners/plasterers/renderers required throughout the northwest

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
the moneys still there, but as long as numptys are working for less than a couple of quid a metre. I know of a medium size outfit in leeds that priced a large project at 4.80 a metre and theyve sub contracted it out at £2 quid a metre, so there making 2.80 a metre without doing anything. you cant complain about shite rates if your working for them. I know you have a morgage and food to put on the table but if you work for rates like that it nothng will ever change.

if you tell them the price is poor then they tell you that the price and if you dont like it then find some1 who pays better and the they replace you anyway with someone who will work for their rates and sack you for questioning them!!!!!! catch 22 comes to mind

if you tell them the price is poor then they tell you that the price and if you dont like it then find some1 who pays better and the they replace you anyway with someone who will work for their rates and sack you for questioning them!!!!!! catch 22 comes to mind

that is why lads that work as plastereres on sites are earning peanuts now,and because its supply and demand.I cant see how rates will ever increase to be honest back to anywhere near what they were 3 plus years ago.Im just glad i got out of site bashing a few years ago [alhough not through choice at the time] I used to sub work out at 3 quid a metre skiming 5 years ago and still make 2 quid a metre.

I'm getting 3 quid and 6 quid float set on the job I'm on Monday, looks a nice job too
The money's still there I'm just not working for a complete ****

No bubbles he pays alright money it just takes you an extra month on the final payment
Bristol Danny

Don't know what's happening with openings yet there's loads of em and the reveals are already up so it could end up tits yet

rung them twice know left details,with office lady. she says she pass details on .second time thay in a meeting not mutch work,meself working on student accomidation 2 week on 3 off,need some regular work.otherwise ile be getting a job on taxi,s

Ring again you will get a start i been there 2 years. £2 a metre but not had a day off in 2 years

I was offered £3.40 to board and skim the other day
the rates are terrible on the north west
but some will charge £3.20 cant speak english though
thats what the problem is.

rung twice left details no reply
.in a meeting

Problem is with it being on the open forum their phone will of been off the hook there are that many lads out of work at the min and that many chancers looking for work unless you get in first or hit them at the right time you prob wont get a call back id keep trying them daily if you need the start they will either tell you to **** off or give you a start

I was offered £3.40 to board and skim the other day
the rates are terrible on the north west
but some will charge £3.20 cant speak english though
thats what the problem is.
Without starting a big debate over it cos there is no point cos us mugs just put up with it it, it is not the only problem but in my opinion the biggest they are just raping this country and our goverment are clueless what to do about it or realy dont care.

owls is right the tender prices are near the same as they where.

the people making the money are higher up the chain - in fact i know a lad who works for a contracting company that carry out large scale contracts for the authorities and he said they are currently making a big increase in profit on contractors because they are all going in so low to win the work even though the planned budgets for the drylining/plastering contracts are alot higher than the actual prices they are receiving from their suppliers

if people have survived on pre 2007 profits so far the next couple of years will be interesting for everyone hopefully prices will have to be pushed up

Status
Not open for further replies.