Dry dashed ingoes replace with bands

Members online

chrismckay

Hello Everyone,

I am a diy'er so much of what I am about to ask may be nonsense to the skilled members, but I shall ask anyway.

Years and years ago my mate harled / dry dashed the rear of my property (100 year old house) and he continued the process into the window ingoes, this looks unattractive and I would like to ask some questions about the possibilty of how to get the indoes smoth rendered and also create "window bands " aroundt the perimeter of the ingoes.

I dont know if I am going to tackle this myself ( I have all the time in the world) or if I will get a professional in, in anycase I am intrigued to know how you guys would tackle this task.

The render of the ingoes will need removed but I am curious as to whether beading should be used to create the angle at the ingoe/perimeter band and also if end stop beading should be used at the outside edge of the bands or to use a timber straight edge/rule ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Chris :)

giphy (10).gif

Hello Everyone,

I am a diy'er so much of what I am about to ask may be nonsense to the skilled members, but I shall ask anyway.

Years and years ago my mate harled / dry dashed the rear of my property (100 year old house) and he continued the process into the window ingoes, this looks unattractive and I would like to ask some questions about the possibilty of how to get the indoes smoth rendered and also create "window bands " aroundt the perimeter of the ingoes.

I dont know if I am going to tackle this myself ( I have all the time in the world) or if I will get a professional in, in anycase I am intrigued to know how you guys would tackle this task.

The render of the ingoes will need removed but I am curious as to whether beading should be used to create the angle at the ingoe/perimeter band and also if end stop beading should be used at the outside edge of the bands or to use a timber straight edge/rule ?

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Hello Everyone,

You could use stop end and angle beads but not on an older property. I would use wood to set the perimeter of the band then set the internals using just a piece of wood.
My old tradesman jimmy, his darby was a bit of white pine with wooden handles that looked like sawn-off broom handles.

You could use stop end and angle beads but not on an older property. I would use wood to set the perimeter of the band then set the internals using just a piece of wood.
My old tradesman jimmy, his darby was a bit of white pine with wooden handles that looked like sawn-off broom handles.
If beads were to be used, can you apply masonary paint over the top of them?.....would there be a problem with adhesion?

Hello Everyone,

What are 'ingoes' i'm curious?

texas rangers gallo GIF by MLB

If beads were to be used, can you apply masonary paint over the top of them?.....would there be a problem with adhesion?
Masonary paint may or may not adhere to the bead, it would also depend on what type of bead you use. You could test it yourself, just paint a bit of bead and see what happens.
Is the existing roughcast painted?

Masonary paint may or may not adhere to the bead, it would also depend on what type of bead you use. You could test it yourself, just paint a bit of bead and see what happens.
Is the existing roughcast painted?
The "harling" is a decorative stone "canterbury spar" against a snowcrete background.
I realise its gonna look a bit off trying to form bands against this but the way it is just now annoys my tits

The "harling" is a decorative stone "canterbury spar" against a snowcrete background.
I realise its gonna look a bit off trying to form bands against this but the way it is just now annoys my tits
Use white sand and cement it will blend better with the background especially when it's weathered a bit.
There's probably some more modern materials you could use but I'm not up on modern renders.