Dri-coat or just sand and cement will work?

Members online

Bowlzi

Hi, House has some minor damp issues where the floor screed bridged the sand and cement wall finish.
After taking a off some very hard patchwork it reveals bitumen type blinded with sand on bricks so looks like an attempt was made over 20 years ago.
Removal of skirting has also removed 2 " high sand and lime or cement render ( its ex local authority house c1947)
To my untrained eye there appears to be mineral/salt deposits on some of the lower bricks.

Question is on type of plaster that should avoid any future problems.

If Dri-coat is cement based could just use sand and cement?

Assuming that the cause of the damp problem is fixed, what would you use?

Thanks

Hi, House has some minor damp issues where the floor screed bridged the sand and cement wall finish.
After taking a off some very hard patchwork it reveals bitumen type blinded with sand on bricks so looks like an attempt was made over 20 years ago.
Removal of skirting has also removed 2 " high sand and lime or cement render ( its ex local authority house c1947)
To my untrained eye there appears to be mineral/salt deposits on some of the lower bricks.

Thanks
Anyone? or are you all watching footie :)

Thanks

@Arti @irish_spread @zolco

Is it cavity wall? Is it a party wall? Any pics?
Hi, one is a spine wall , single skin, internal on concrete ground floor, bitumen applied well over 20y ago but now discovered.
Other is external wall cavity with rock wall (dry inside cavity)
Pics attached hopefully. You will se what I think may be mineral deposit on external brick wall pic.
Both in same room on problem floor with no dpm (1947 not used)
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.8 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited: