DPC injecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

used to do abit of sub work for damp proofing company so no the basics
just had call to day today about going to look at job that needs injecting

me question is shall i do the injectioning meself or get them in to do the injecting and me just do the s/c and finishing

only reason i ask is cause wen used to do the subbing for damp companys they used to garentee the work

Let them have the headache if the DPC injection fails, although it's handy money for drilling a few holes and pumping a chemical in if you want to give a 20 year guarantee ,did one recently ,guy got €400 for one hours work

go on a training course pal... as its not so much the injecting as much diagnosing if it is damp or condensation,,

cause the customers rang me from my advert to plasterer his sons new house
but hes asked me to do the injecting of dpc as well

but just want peoples views on weather to price it and sub out to company i used to do plastering for
or just do the injecting meself

The courses are cheap the chemicals not so cheap, Basically the more you use the cheaper you get them so, someone who only dose damp proofing generally will always be able to get the gear cheaper and in theory offer the service cheaper. The same applies for GRP roofing oh and a lot of the chemical suppliers will only supply if you have done the course if not all of them.

cause the customers rang me from my advert to plasterer his sons new house
but hes asked me to do the injecting of dpc as well

but just want peoples views on weather to price it and sub out to company i used to do plastering for
or just do the injecting meself

Does it defo need injecting ??

Does it defo need injecting ??

im not sure yet
im not getting to see job till 1st week in jan wen he picks keys up

he keeps saying needs injecting on phone due to survey
but what hes failed to say is why its rising

could be **** filling cavity or a bridging of origanal dpc

just want views on how others would go around looking at it

Surveyors surveys are usually bollox from my experience. Injection is the last thing I'm thinking of when I do damp surveys cos it's nearly always some think bridging the DPC. Does he want a guarantee?. I would just get the keys and diagnose it ya self and take it from there

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

im not sure yet
im not getting to see job till 1st week in jan wen he picks keys up

he keeps saying needs injecting on phone due to survey
but what hes failed to say is why its rising

could be **** filling cavity or a bridging of origanal dpc

just want views on how others would go around looking at it
Get a company in ,and you do the plastering , you do not want your phone ringing in 10 years time saying i have got damp in the house you injected

Status
Not open for further replies.