double kite winder

Members online

As in one at top and one at bottom with flat slope inbetween? If so I normally do the bonding process the run brush over it and try get a shape with my trowel once it's picked up slightly so I know that it's not gonna be as tough,use toe of trowel quiet a lot on them,got some good advice from people.
Good luck

I've probably done these but I have no idea what they are.
I'm going for understairs eml bond and skim but think this is one where u have one at top and bottom of the slope on the stairs maybe a town house or loft conversion so you don't see the back of stair treads

Like this? I literally did that with Eml and bonding, trowel education with a 13 and 11inch marshalltown stainless

20170114_110849.jpg

I'm going for understairs eml bond and skim but think this is one where u have one at top and bottom of the slope on the stairs maybe a town house or loft conversion so you don't see the back of stair treads
If floating not right finish will be shite

That's why I keep going over mine maybe shave a bit off as needed so trowel works nicer it is a bit round hole square pegs scenario though

Not really relevant to plastering one I know, but I did one years back using 3 skins of 1/8 ply. Cut the first sheet to 'near enough', then the second to close and the third to bang on. Small screws to hold the first sheet to the underside of the stairs, then glued the second to that and the third on top of the second. Looked the nuts if I do say so myself. (y)

Fix eml to timbers using screws with washers to hold it in place, start forming shape with hardwall. Normally just get a base coat on first that sets in the wire. Sponge or brush hardwall smooth and skim. Flexy trowels are useful and midget trowel or something not too wide.

Will need a small tool as well I find on where meets wall down bottom you can have little bits that it comes in handy for

Use a flex trowel blade, only way if its a internal winder ( i.e. like the inside of a cork screw if you get my meaning ). I used to cut up plastic lids before the days of flexi trowels to do the job. Still think internal winders are one of the hardest things in plastering , give me a 40 m ceiling any day.

That's what I'm thinking it is but monk one must 2 in it, nice work mate

Thanks you Page you, it actually looks better than the pic as there was 3 dimensions on it.

I recommend bonding them with 2 coats first, maybe more if not happy then just skim it but take your time. If you but some heart in they look really nice, rush it and they look like some of the new build shite I see that makes me cringe.

Sponge in a plastic bag "can" be a handy thing sometimes too

Use a flex trowel blade, only way if its a internal winder ( i.e. like the inside of a cork screw if you get my meaning ). I used to cut up plastic lids before the days of flexi trowels to do the job. Still think internal winders are one of the hardest things in plastering , give me a 40 m ceiling any day.

Give me a 40m2 ceiling in one hit and I will cry. Give me these funny shapes and I love them lol

Thanks you Page you, it actually looks better than the pic as there was 3 dimensions on it.

I recommend bonding them with 2 coats first, maybe more if not happy then just skim it but take your time. If you but some heart in they look really nice, rush it and they look like some of the new build shite I see that makes me cringe.

Sponge in a plastic bag "can" be a handy thing sometimes too
The one I done was from ground floor up underneath new stairs onto another winder for onto a landing ceiling I was dreading it but @superspread gave me a few hints and tips over the phone I then just went for it into the post is where I normally struggle funny enough cos it ain't a straight line so shape with small tool no two will ever be the same as it's all free hand it's Defo not one for the beginner I will say,and yes mate looks good that I'd have in my house if my other fast plasterer for 100 a day was busy

I do a lot of lofts and love doing these, much more of a challenge and satisfying. 2 coats of bonding and skim. worth taking bit of time to get right, the customers love them. i use a 6 inch super flex spatula (there not made that size anymore) for skim,its the nuts.

did the underside of a cast concrete staircase on Sat, the concrete v flat and smooth so just grit and skim. the interior designer (massive cock) was bitching about the price at start of day and booking me for 2 more more after i finished.

I do a lot of lofts and love doing these, much more of a challenge and satisfying. 2 coats of bonding and skim. worth taking bit of time to get right, the customers love them. i use a 6 inch super flex spatula (there not made that size anymore) for skim,its the nuts.

I'm actually looking forward to the next one now with the new tools I have got this year

It's a break from the normal and I do enjoy doing them it's the double ones that i always get a bit tetchy about until I start them your right customers do love them as they can't visualise what you are trying to explain it will look like your be surprised how many people can't do them though

Like it.
I often put building paper or similar over the insulation and under the mesh, especially with eml, stops you losing material behind the mesh.
Lovely work there together.