dot nd dabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

can u dot and dab and skim a external wall but inside the house. its in the kitchin on the ground floor. there is no damp at all . its a old house just very old horse hair plaster fell off wen the old kitchen was ripped out. or will it have to be bonded and skimmed?
thanks lads

I had a discussion with a builder today he said that moisture build up behind the board could cause damp and that to be careful as its a kitchin with a lot of heat and cold air comin in, obviously u will leave a inch or so at bottom but what would u think is the best way to deal with it?

I had a discussion with a builder today he said that moisture build up behind the board could cause damp and that to be careful as its a kitchin with a lot of heat and cold air comin in, obviously u will leave a inch or so at bottom but what would u think is the best way to deal with it?

is it reali that importent to leave a gap from floor? i always have but on last jpb we relized at end that we dint? and am thinking of running a saber saw frew the bottom.. its on a new build extention?

i personally would always leave a gap on the bottom of a plasterboard on the inside of external wall for the moisture to escape. i just wasnt sure if it was ok to board in a kitchen as there is a higher chance of moist air. or weather to just do a scratch coat to level wall out.

Shows exactly the knowledge of builders really..................... or lack there of.

Look at the ammount of stud walls in bathrooms which are far more damp, and ceilings.

is it reali that importent to leave a gap from floor? i always have but on last jpb we relized at end that we dint? and am thinking of running a saber saw frew the bottom.. its on a new build extention?

yes, it bridges damp... I was always taught to leave a gap and also if the floor gets wet it wont run up the wall

LOL realised at the end hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.