Dot & dab not drying out in new plaster

If the wall is soaked even batons will pull the moisture out and will come through the screw holes on insulated boards, your dry plasterboard and dry finish is very pourus it'll pull any moisture right through the wall. If you get your roof on asap it might be ok. Personally if it was my house I'd be knocking it off, the adhesive will degrade after a few months of being soaked

If the wall is soaked even batons will pull the moisture out and will come through the screw holes on insulated boards, your dry plasterboard and dry finish is very pourus it'll pull any moisture right through the wall. If you get your roof on asap it might be ok. Personally if it was my house I'd be knocking it off, the adhesive will degrade after a few months of being soaked
Depends what adhesive was used.
If it's knauf adhesive it'll be fine.
I've seen that stuff left exposed after using it to dab render beads for years with no detrimental effect. Used to fill a void at the top of a window that was supposed to have a cap on but never got one.
It's still up and solid as a rock. I always check it because it's on my neighbours house done by a dodgy set of lads that worked for the letting agent.
It's not right or how it should be done but what I'm saying is its not had an effect on the render or the inside. But it's brick not block

Dryzone do an adhesive in a squirty tube guaranteed not to let ANY moisture etc draw through it. Can dab with it in fact it sticks everything

Just had an entire 4 bed bungalow replastered - new plasterboard & plaster. The majority is drying out nicely (4 weeks in) and we are hoping to start painting next week. Question - anyone know why the area where the dot & dab was fixed is refusing to dry out? If I paint over that - paint supplier suggesting using tinted supermatt which is breathable - am I going to get problems down the line?
Hi .. we are experiencing the same problem. Please can you let us know what you ended up doing? Did you remove it all or did it end up drying out?

This thread is nearly 4 years old. :rolleyes:
Apologies! However we are in a similar situation and surely someone who had this situation 4 years ago may have a good solution and would have tried and tested what worked and what didn’t! I will create a new post.

People come on here spazing out at the time and never complete the story. Bet this story ended with the roof getting fitted and the problem going away.
Was similar thread recently and the geezer had the decency to report it dried out and painted up fine but each case is different