Dot and dab is this wrong

I try and change the spec to float and set everytime, f**k loading boards out and tripping over off cuts all day.

That's just a nonsense Danny, where is the 'fire' coming from or going to? A solid perimeter and around boxes etc. is ample. There should be a real push to get solid plastering back as the norm. Less material used, less single heavy items for people to move and, if done by the right person, a better job.
I don't think it's the spread of fire more the smoke, from what I remember the smoke could travel around the back of the boards and you might not notice it straight away.

Just push adhesive right into the junction where the ceiling meets the wall, absolutely no need for the wallboard to make contact with the adhesive at this point, just close that junction. If you want to be really anal foam the junction first with fire rated foam.

I was taught to perimeter seal all boards holes etc to stop any air flow on external walls, iternals just fixed with dabs.
Been a long while since I've on site though.

I don't think it's the spread of fire more the smoke, from what I remember the smoke could travel around the back of the boards and you might not notice it straight away.
I can see what you're saying but, since I've already said, if the perimeter is solid as well as any boxes/pipes etc. then no smoke can get behind the boards and if somehow the smoke started in the gap behind a board then it would be trapped behind there. It sounds like the sort of idea that an ex health and safety guy would come up with.
More material cost per m2 and more labour intensive but will anyone be willing to pay more to the guy at the sharp end? I very much doubt it.

I can see what you're saying but, since I've already said, if the perimeter is solid as well as any boxes/pipes etc. then no smoke can get behind the boards and if somehow the smoke started in the gap behind a board then it would be trapped behind there. It sounds like the sort of idea that an ex health and safety guy would come up with.
More material cost per m2 and more labour intensive but will anyone be willing to pay more to the guy at the sharp end? I very much doubt it.

it could act like a chimney... or there is at least a possible risk... not that I know a great deal about fire