Dot and dab external facing solid wall that's been pebbledashed

Daveo82

i am Replastering one of my bedrooms and have been told to dot and dab but am worried about the external facing wall however this has been pebbkedashed and painted on the exterior so should be waterproof - there is no sign of damp anywhere will it be ok to dot and dab? Also it is upstairs so shouldn't suffer from rising damp etc

Can anyone advise

Is the external wall single skin or a cavity wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd dab insulated plasterboard on it then. Or batten it and screw fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not got the room to Batton it as it's around a window sill so may have to go with the insulated plasterboard

Do not dot and dab a 9 inch solid wall.... its condensation that causes the problem .. not damp..
Sorry to be a pain but why would condensation be any worse on dot and dab than a sand and cement wall surely they are both touching the external brick and so would be the same temperature

Sand and cement will always win against dot and dab
Love days of sand and cementing....put the radio on and float all day... no cutting and measuring ... use renovating alot on walls as this guy is on about and and its very good for condensation but the stuff is horrible to use...

Love days of sand and cementing....put the radio on and float all day... no cutting and measuring ... use renovating alot on walls as this guy is on about and and its very good for condensation but the stuff is horrible to use...
Brimplas thanks so much for the responses what is renovating and what do you use it in?

You float renovating plaster like sand and cement ... its waterproof, lightweight but has better u values so is better against condensation.... its around 5 times dearer that sand and cement. Google it pal.. this is what i would use in my own home... and i do alot of damp and condensation ...

Do
You float renovating plaster like sand and cement ... its waterproof, lightweight but has better u values so is better against condensation.... its around 5 times dearer that sand and cement. Google it pal.. this is what i would use in my own home... and i do alot of damp and condensation ...
Do you think it would be worth using this on the exterior facing walls and then just not making sand cement or dot and dab on the interior walls?

Would prefer s/c every day of week, however with a single brick wall I would put on a 50mm insulated board and skim, no heat loss.