dot and dab come away ?

Baz178

Hi,

just had some plastering work done and the dot and dabs have come away from the wall!!!

just asking the question his there anything I could do to re - connect it to the wall instead of taking it all down ? has its still all in place but just bouncing when you push it.

Hi,

just had some plastering work done and the dot and dabs have come away from the wall!!!

just asking the question his there anything I could do to re - connect it to the wall instead of taking it all down ? has its still all in place but just bouncing when you push it.
Have you contacted the tradesman? ? I bloody hope you have ?? What did he dab on to? Brick? Block ? Painted? Etc would help with a bit more info ??

Why pva brickwork??? Im sorry mate but this is the work of a numpty am afraid so tell the good folk on here where you are based ?? And swift assistance will ensue
Whats wrong with pvaing brickwork? Bit harsh to jump straight down the spreads throat. If im dabbing the same day or next day ill just wet it down but if its being left ill give it a weak pva so the walls aren't dusty. Nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Whats wrong with pvaing brickwork? Bit harsh to jump straight down the spreads throat. If im dabbing the same day or next day ill just wet it down but if its being left ill give it a weak pva so the walls aren't dusty. Nothing wrong with it.

same as just for the dust

f**k off hows that !!??

image.jpg
image.jpg

I have never pva before dabbing!

But then again, the bricks and blocks on site are dust free:bailando:.All I do is make sure the stuff is " sticky" and push only, don't pull;). No time for f**k**g around with pva:fuckyou:

Pva before dabbing brickwork !! Need your f**k**g heads testing !!!!

If you've hacked off a load of old render, specially the black lime mortar it will be dusty as hell, you'd be a fool not to brush it down and at least wet it, I'd be tempted to Pva if it was that bad.
Don't think its wrong what he's done, just a different method and more belt and braces.

An Pva certainly wouldn't mean the dabs wouldn't stick would it!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks lads.

He dabed onto brickwork and he coverd the full wall in pva

Are you sure it was PVA he used and not neat SBR?
If it was the latter then that would most likely be the cause.

And just to confirm its the dabs coming off the wall and not the boards popping off the dabs?

I have never pva before dabbing but always brush the walls down and I have damped them down as well

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

We have been instructed to PVA walls in the past but the walls had been hacked off and was really dusty so apparently needed sealing so we did it, there was another gang an they said f**k it we ain't doing it, bout two weeks later the boards started rattling big hoo haa on site so our firm took a couple of boards off and saw that they hadn't used PVA as the walls was still dusty as f**k

What is wrong with pva on oled bricks prior to dabbing ?.Just a weak mix to kill dust and excessive suction is the correct way . Pva inside /out side used in the right way never ever had any problems in 30 years so i am not going to be doing anything different despite what others say about the eviels of good old Pva.:numberone:.

Yet you dont give a reason it shouldn't be done...

If your sealing the wall to the point that there's no suction then yeah it shouldn't be done, as there needs to be some suction for the dabs to work, but no one does that do they as it would be like dabbing onto silk paint. But if your sealing it with a very very very weak pva with mainly water in it then you might aswell just use water, after a brush down of the brickwork with a soft brush to remove the dust, wet the wall down & dab away. Save the pva for another job. ;)

Talking of silk paint I know a bricky(lol) who put some coving up on a job with dab, which is fine, but.....it was on silk paint:eek: so it all came loose & had to be re done lol fcukin chancer :rolleyes:

Another bloke/so called spread I know, we were both on the same job he put some beads on some reveals that had silk paint on the walls, he was using some left over dab addy up, I told him not to but he reckons he knew best & said it sticks like s**t to a blanket, the beads were on the floor the next morning pmsl :ROFLMAO:

As i said mate if im dabbing same day or next day then ill just wet it but like if it's being left for any reason ill weak pva just to stop s**t getting everywhere.

As i said mate if im dabbing same day or next day then ill just wet it but like if it's being left for any reason ill weak pva just to stop s**t getting everywhere.

Your too kind Steve :D

No you're not wrong. I had a late night text from mr c last night lol