domestic work

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spunkybum

sorry dont like talking money too much but what are you all charging per day?

what are you getting on the mono napper?...........rich fook off are you serious man is that domestic?.......im deleting this post if you keep saying things like that ;D

£135 a day on the books if they pay cash its even better for me..ad 20% on mat and 25% on labs

and anyfink big i always add a day or 2 extra for unforsean f**k ups!

spunkybum said:
what are you getting on the mono napper?...........rich fook off are you serious man is that domestic?.......im deleting this post if you keep saying things like that ;D

What do you mean ???????

Rich

tbh i will look for 200 a day through the books and 160 ...up the bum ........but im out of touch

i charge by the set usually..
80 - 100 a set depending on whats involved... 2 sets a day..
you tend to get a lot of little one set jobs on domestic..

when ever i do any domestic work which is very rarely i price up at about £5/square skimming £8 dabbing or floating plus materials but i always go expensive or what i think is expensive because i hate working in peoples houses

richardbrown said:
Maybe thats why im working 7 days a week and you lads are sat at home on your asses hahaha.
would you skim a 4x4 room artex ceiling, old plaster walls for 150 rich? domestic like, everything out the room ready?

I usually work it out on £200 cash per day this is for me, labourer and materials.
labourer gets £50 so that leaves £150 to cover mats for the day and me. I take home every week between £500 - £1000 on the books or cash every week and ive not been 1 week out of work in years so i must be doing something right :)

Rich

bigsegs said:
richardbrown said:
Maybe thats why im working 7 days a week and you lads are sat at home on your asses hahaha.
would you skim a 4x4 room artex ceiling, old plaster walls for 150 rich? domestic like, everything out the room ready?

If it was cash and i could add £125 to cover mats and labourer then yes I would.

Some jobs i do i work my b*ll***s off, others (most) its a nice easy day so Im happy but i always leave a good and more importantly a clean job.

Rich

seggs sorry to butt in but if it was me i'd charge 30 quid for floor coverings cost, materials and 200 for the day ......i dont know if bondit helps nowadays because it adds 50 quid to the labour charge to sheet the floor and apply the bondit the day before

ive had it once before mate over gloss paint and everything was fine then it all just pulled off in neat little strips when i cross troweled it .......only the once though

napper83 said:
ive never left bond-it 24 hrs it gets skimmed when its dry but then again im a rough C*** ;D

They say 24hrs to cover there ass in case its freezing cold etc etc usually its good after a few hours

Rich

bigsegs said:
i charge by the set usually..
80 - 100 a set depending on whats involved... 2 sets a day..
you tend to get a lot of little one set jobs on domestic..
when i was quoting for domestic i'd charge 130 for half day and 200 for a full day the extra was for getting kit in out of the van and prepping

I charge £220 a day me and labourer and have done for years :( dont think i will ever be able to put the rate up tho , if its just me then £150 i dont take cash ;) and you have to make on the mats normally about a score

Hello Mate
I charge 150 plus materials, if I work for half a day then its 75, I only work domestic and it does'nt matter what the job is, price is on how long it takes, little jobs do for 30-40 quid

Hello Mate
No Im in the North East, would love to charge more but 150 up here in the current climate is a fair price I think

and the cost of living is cheaper, I hope your not a newcastle fan arsenal have just scored their third

I charge 250 a day not including mats...domestic is a freaking minefield most jobs overun...when you take everything into consideration being self employed thats a fair day rate...spoken to alot of local buiders recently and thats what they charge between 200-300 a day. Plus cost of living has gone up so does the cost of having work done on your house we have to pay the bills to! lol the amount of customers i've spoken to recently who have said we thought we'd get the work done now because it would be cheaper lol fu double the price we ain't slaves u know. Just have to work hard on the written quote and pitch. ;)

Sorry richard but you say "I usually work it out on £200 cash per day this is for me, labourer and materials.
labourer gets £50 so that leaves £150 to cover mats for the day and me"
with a laborour you should be banging out 5-6-7 ?bags of finish a day minumum including set up time+ pva, beads,screws or nails,bonding??+dust sheets +diesel /petrol+advertisng minus 30%tax and insurance for yourself assuming you pay laborour cash in hand after all above been paid hell earm as much if not more than you do.
Im not having ago..im newish to the forum so dont wanna be getting anybacks up but i think im right here!!

Yes fruitcake my accoutant tells me to deduct 30% to cover all eventualities (tax and N/I )and his fees.
if there any to come back its a bonus.

if im not pulling between 800 & a thousand a week im fecked off..earned near this for last 4 or so years,,,but now just have to work silly hours to earn same amount...no labourer......sometimes another spread .....this week from wednesday worked 7 to 7 ..thought i was gonna have an easy one today but no started at 9....just got home ..bath running...vodka in hand........i know some who want to knock off at 3.....just call me james brown..hardest working man in showbusiness/plastering......
i have to earn this my wife dont work cause she looks after my son..so no choice..dont always do 12 hour days ..but recently more often than not.....

safe brother 8).....same here family too work me little balls off but the stella tastes sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.