Doing damp proofing

Members online

Swiftpm

Has anyone else branched out into damp proofing? Keep getting the odd phone call and have taken a quick look into it in the past. Have seen the sovereign courses does anyone know if there worth the money to get the certificate? Theres nothing to the work and obviously can do the making good after it’s been done.

Let me know your thoughts
Cheers

Or Pam ties. I’m undecided if it’s a money making scheme for them or could benefit from it and he’ll win work
SevereCheeryBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

Or Pam ties. I’m undecided if it’s a money making scheme for them or could benefit from it and he’ll win work
You wont go wrong with Pam ties pal... I did their course years ago and am an approved installer.... They are always on hand if you have any issues......

You wont go wrong with Pam ties pal... I did their course years ago and am an approved installer.... They are always on hand if you have any issues......
Do you get much work on the damp proofing and does it help having them behind you when trying to win work at all. Do they throw jobs your way in your area too? Cheers

70 percent is damp work pal, i don't mention them when quoting just tend to win work with knowledge and explaining the cause/solution and have a portfolio of completed jobs with satisfied customers feed back...plus charge extra labour than plastering alone due to giving guarantees... they do pass work my way....

70 percent is damp work pal, i don't mention them when quoting just tend to win work with knowledge and explaining the cause/solution and have a portfolio of completed jobs with satisfied customers feed back...plus charge extra labour than plastering alone due to giving guarantees... they do pass work my way....
Cheers for the response mate, just made my mind up I’m gunna get booked on a course for the new year! Nice one

You wont regret it pal, just don't become a membrane bodger.... See lots of firms on facebook that membrane every job as its quicker, but not better....

I do alot of damp proofing and membrane and insulated plaster board on everything unless there is water pressure...customers love it...never see damp again, warm wall and they can paint within a few days...plus minimal mess....hacking of is for mugs. Good money in damp proofing.

I don't bother with the injections either what a complete waste of time...inject the wall only to cover it with waterproof sand and cement and trap the moisture in the wall for another 10-15 years?

Sand and cement doesn't trap as much moisture as a sheet of plastic... And if you dont inject the wall it will be piss wet and rot the mortar......

Sand and cement doesn't trap as much moisture as a sheet of plastic... And if you dont inject the wall it will be piss wet and rot the mortar......

They both trap the moisture...sounds like you have been sold the lie...injection are a waste of time...the only thing they are good for is making a bit of extra cash if selling the lie to the customer...which I don’t...just membrane it will everybody is happy until maybe the house falls down in 500 years...

They must have also sold it to the BBA .... Oh and every mortgage lender in the country.............................