Does anyone actually love plastering still

P.s i've never got this "satisfaction" that i see people mention though.

Love them, nice little bit of heat. The barry norman ones are a nicer onion but no heat at all in em. Not that i love a pickled onion but have you tried these ones...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...onions+hot&dpPl=1&dpID=51KwsEB7ntL&ref=plSrch

Confident they'd be to much for me but apparently they actually taste nice still

They do look good !!
Spicy shallots are nice aswell...id eat a hot curry but they dont warm you up like these ...sit there sweating on spicy onions !!!
Ive a southern accent unyuns i call em.
My kids are northern call them oynioyns !!!

Plastered for over 10 years I quit and came to USA, became a firefighter been doing that for the last 18 months and I'm coming back to UK at the end of the month, I actually miss UK and plastering! People would love to have the skill we have and earn the money we can, we all moan about it (including me) but it ain't that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plastered for over 10 years I quit and came to USA, became a Foofighter been doing that for the last 18 months and I'm coming back to UK at the end of the month, I actually miss UK and plastering! People would love to have the skill we have and earn the money we can, we all moan about it (including me) but it ain't that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow which one were you? the drummer or the singer who used to drum in Nirvana who screams all the time??

They do look good !!
Spicy shallots are nice aswell...id eat a hot curry but they dont warm you up like these ...sit there sweating on spicy onions !!!
Ive a southern accent unyuns i call em.
My kids are northern call them oynioyns !!!
Can you be brave enough to order them ones then and let me know if there edible. I keep adding them to my basket and bottling it because if they come i'll have to eat them and i'd be in a mess haha

Can you be brave enough to order them ones then and let me know if there edible. I keep adding them to my basket and bottling it because if they come i'll have to eat them and i'd be in a mess haha

I seem to live off amazon ... 3 kids never seem to stop "daddy can i have this can i have that"
Internet shopping is a thorn in my side living with 4 girls.
I'l get the jar mate its about time i bought something for myself !!!!

as title says does anyone actually love plastering still or is it a means to pay the bills I have high and low moments all year round but never got to the point where I say that will do,I've had many a bad customer as well as good I get walls I stand back and think that's pukka but then get walls although alright when pink look shocking before painting,I've got a trade where I can always earn,but at times miss that fire in the belly,

Discuss

How could you not enjoy it. If I don't have a trowel in my hand it's not a happy day. Hold on a minute am thinking of my cock. f**k plastering if someone enjoys that s**t need to get there head looked at.

Ignore keith he loves it

Lol f**k**g hate it with a passion. Phone ringing all morning am in bed with a basted hangover all am thinking is going to the pub for round 2 was at my mates wedding yesterday. Cost me 500. Now I have my sister wedding next firday 2 days wedding that will cost me 1500. Sure only for plastering I wouldn't be able to afford it :rolleyes: plus some c**t asked me last night to price his house. I nicely told him to f**k off am drinking :birra: my mate just told the bloke don't ask that c**t about work and don't ring him on a Monday lol u should have seen the man's face lol.

• How could you not enjoy it. If I don't have a trowel in my hand it's not a happy day. Hold on a minute am thinking of my cock. f**k plastering if someone enjoys that s**t need to get there head looked at.
    Where can I get a clemo cock handle fron mate are they on the one stop Plasterer's shop yet :bananahappy:

I seem to live off amazon ... 3 kids never seem to stop "daddy can i have this can i have that"
Internet shopping is a thorn in my side living with 4 girls.
I'l get the jar mate its about time i bought something for myself !!!!
Im excited to see a "real" unbiased review. What a sad c**t i've become lol

f**k me i can't wait to get the f**k out of the house to go drinking. Just waiting for the wife and kid to come back from horse riding. f**k**g kids doing my head in.

i still enjoy the trade, teaching and demonstrating my marvelous skills to the next generation of up and coming plasterers-

I get satisfaction from making an old hobbly wall/ceiling look the nuts.....I enjoy that look of awe from the builder/customer, when they pay, and when both parties know that only the plasterer (me), could have done it......I like to give the builders "that look" when they come out with " looks great, yeah I was gonna bash it on myself (coz I'm brill), but just didn't have the time".......yeah right!:sisi:

I get satisfaction from making an old hobbly wall/ceiling look the nuts.....I enjoy that look of awe from the builder/customer, when they pay, and when both parties know that only the plasterer (me), could have done it......I like to give the builders "that look" when they come out with " looks great, yeah I was gonna bash it on myself (coz I'm brill), but just didn't have the time".......yeah right!:sisi:
I hope it only took an hour and their old plasterer was really fast and done loads a day hmmm well why ain't u still using him, builders (or the ones recently playing at being a builder) expect miracles these days one asked me to top coat a wall 30mc2 at 2.30pm over the most horrendous scratch coat that his bricklayer had done I went nah your alright he called me a defeatist lol

I hope it only took an hour and their old plasterer was really fast and done loads a day hmmm well why ain't u still using him, builders (or the ones recently playing at being a builder) expect miracles these days one asked me to top coat a wall 30mc2 at 2.30pm over the most horrendous scratch coat that his bricklayer had done I went nah your alright he called me a defeatist lol
It was a lovely scratch coat Dan
Lol

Truthfully I hate it, but I'm 41 left school expelled at 13 come from a very tough upbringing background and genuinely don't know how else I'd put food on the table now.

On the flip side I've come from nothing been brought up by 1 patent and spend my school days in educatuon/state clothing. I know live in a big detached house never had to take a loan for any of our vehicles and have enough stashed away to cover rainy days and have a family holiday abroad ever yr.

Never going to be mega rich but never going to be destitute or unemployed again I guess.

Sadly lost my best mate and work mate 18 months ago that I worked with for around 10 yrs and subsequently work on my own now and have really suffered with depression since.

As others have said if you can at least have a giggle hear and there and share the burden of work with someone else its half of the battle.

Wouldn't genuinely even know how to look for a proper job noe, truth be known I struggle at times with my 11 yr olds homework!

Truthfully I hate it, but I'm 41 left school expelled at 13 come from a very tough upbringing background and genuinely don't know how else I'd put food on the table now.

On the flip side I've come from nothing been brought up by 1 patent and spend my school days in educatuon/state clothing. I know live in a big detached house never had to take a loan for any of our vehicles and have enough stashed away to cover rainy days and have a family holiday abroad ever yr.

Never going to be mega rich but never going to be destitute or unemployed again I guess.

Sadly lost my best mate and work mate 18 months ago that I worked with for around 10 yrs and subsequently work on my own now and have really suffered with depression since.

As others have said if you can at least have a giggle hear and there and share the burden of work with someone else its half of the battle.

Wouldn't genuinely even know how to look for a proper job noe, truth be known I struggle at times with my 11 yr olds homework!
I got kicked out of school but old man made me get a job I fell in love with plastering in that first week i started what a mug but I will say I done the college and learnt with some of the best I've now got a trade for life and I like to think I know my job a lot but I'm still learning all the time and I can always earn money off it I don't want my boy to be a plasterer as I've done the graft for him to have a good life and do well at school and get a job that isn't like how plastering is with its highs and lows and the crap that goes with it

I got kicked out of school but old man made me get a job I fell in love with plastering in that first week i started what a mug but I will say I done the college and learnt with some of the best I've now got a trade for life and I like to think I know my job a lot but I'm still learning all the time and I can always earn money off it I don't want my boy to be a plasterer as I've done the graft for him to have a good life and do well at school and get a job that isn't like how plastering is with its highs and lows and the crap that goes with it
Sure u did it fall in love with roger or frank lol

Believe me when i say we all have bad days but i promise that like plastering alot more than you know

That's it mate, you`ll have a stinker of a job or an ar53hole of a punter and come home ready to greet (that's "cry" to the non-Jocks)...
...then you see that Speedskim or Nela or somebody has brought out a new brush or trowel or that,
You order it and feel a wee bit motivated again, ready to take on the world

Or wee Mrs Jones who you did a £40 patch for last Julaugust recommended you to her daughter-in-law...
...who just happens to have bought a 5 bedroom house that needs a total reskim ££££

I like that you can work hard and earn well, give them "ungrateful wee bastards" every iPhone or Xbox that you can afford, get a nice suit and take the Mrs out for dinner once in a while...then royally pump her arse sideways

I`d shake Mr Artex`s hand if I ever met him...and @zombie `s hahaha

Gotta love plastering, there`s always a wall needing plastered and it never talks back to you!!