Dodgy Multi finish ?

Members online

p warrilow

Hi Guys, was at the check out at wickes with usual load of multi, and a lad was returning the same stuff,saying it went off in 15 min flat. Bit like it used to when damp 30 years ago I guess.flash set. The date is the same as his,which is Feb 24 .So has there been a dodgy batch? I am hoping he is a walter mitty plasterer,ie he thinks he' a plasterer.
So Monday morning I will find out,unless you lot have come across a bad batch?
This stuff is so reliable,nothing like it was years ago,so I am hoping it is not going to give a soon to be pensioner a pain in the neck.

IMG_1143.gif

Mix a bit in a plastic cup or similar and see how long it takes to set.
Not rocket science.
Welcome to the world of idiots!
And thanks for that, was doing that 30 plus years ago,and sometimes it went off good as gold,and then further down in the 50kg bag was the magic stuff that set it off on a flash set,,,yet another idiot,

Hi Guys, was at the check out at wickes with usual load of multi, and a lad was returning the same stuff,saying it went off in 15 min flat. Bit like it used to when damp 30 years ago I guess.flash set. The date is the same as his,which is Feb 24 .So has there been a dodgy batch? I am hoping he is a walter mitty plasterer,ie he thinks he' a plasterer.
So Monday morning I will find out,unless you lot have come across a bad batch?
This stuff is so reliable,nothing like it was years ago,so I am hoping it is not going to give a soon to be pensioner a pain in the neck.
if you've been in the trade 30+ years sunshine, then you should know maybe the reason why he brought it back was because he over mixed it which is why it set quicker

Cheers for that,was hoping for a serious reply,but guess this is a forum for idiots.
How long you been plastering mate I've only done it for 58year and was trying to help you as the method works so next best is trisodium citrate in mix

if you only got 15 mins just second coat with the same mix you will have the walls done in 1hr 20 and the good thing is you can just do one wall at a time,f**k**g Bruce bonus

It really is unfortunate, it's the perfect product for small renovations in finished homes. One day application, no sanding, beautifully smooth walls. That's why I originally became interested in it.

After having used it a few times though, I can see why it's not popular. You need to be VERY skilled to do it and it's really hard to do solo. When I was experimenting, I has someone mixing for me while I applied it. There is no "skimming over the imperfections" with another coat after it's set. After blister brush and burnishing, the only thing that will stick to it is drywall finishing compound, you can't put another layer of finish plaster on to touch up. Inside and outside corners are very tricky and take quite a while to master.
Just as I thought no one could confuse me more than JohnJ, the above was threw in the mix (excuse threw pun).

It really is unfortunate, it's the perfect product for small renovations in finished homes. One day application, no sanding, beautifully smooth walls. That's why I originally became interested in it.

After having used it a few times though, I can see why it's not popular. You need to be VERY skilled to do it and it's really hard to do solo. When I was experimenting, I has someone mixing for me while I applied it. There is no "skimming over the imperfections" with another coat after it's set. After blister brush and burnishing, the only thing that will stick to it is drywall finishing compound, you can't put another layer of finish plaster on to touch up. Inside and outside corners are very tricky and take quite a while to master.
Dafuck you on about?

Plastering is a skilled craft trade that takes years to learn. It is not something you pickup over a weekend like a dose of the clap!

I has someone mixing for me while I applied it. There is no "skimming over the imperfections" with another coat after it's set. After blister brush and burnishing, the only thing that will stick to it is drywall finishing compound, you can't put another layer of finish plaster on to touch up. Inside and outside corners are very tricky and take quite a while to master.

Step right up and join the CHD. You’ll be chancing in n no time….guaranteed :coffe: