Do you like plastering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rycarr

Is it something you do cos your good at it, wanted to do it I remember walking in a room that my dad plastered as a kid thinking how seamless,clean,straight and new everything was I have severe OCD but at that time or now nothing beats being in a newly plastered room its like a room fresh start....I also think its the hardest going trade yet easily emulated.....6 week courses for plumbers,builder,electricians no.

Not true there are short part p courses and my mate qualified as a gas sage engineer in five months

Never mind plastering being a hard trade any trade in the building game is hard !painting isnt as physical but up and down ladders painting a front of house on rubbish money thats hard !the hardest part of this is getting paid on time and keeping your contacts sweet !now thats living alright !

been at it 30 yrs , its great to look back at your work and say I did that, there's some aspects I cant stand but get on with it anyway, I don't like dot and dab, its taking the skill away from getting walls on via two coat work , and I enjoy two coat work and by the look of it ill be doing plastering until I decide to call it a day and retire :RpS_thumbup:

Brought up around the trade with my dad grandad great grandad and half my grandads family doing the trade.

I'd like to say I'm good at what I do.

I enjoy the satisdaftion

I can earn a good living and I'm my own boss.
I see friends slogging it all week day in day out for **** pay for an arsehole boss saying money is tight so no rises but he drives a flash car.

Can't beat the trade. It may be hard graft. But the satisfaction

Love it .... Went into it after I graduated . Regret sitting in an office ........... Not a chance :RpS_thumbup:

Something to show after a days graft !

Can't speak for plastering but there's good job satisfaction in rendering, nothing else I'd rather do in summer but in January mmmm.

I like the variety i get in the trade but apart from that, plastering is dog ****

Yeah it's all I wanted to do and I'm not put off now 13yr on. Can stress you to **** at times but it's a sound job. Work hard play hard

it has it's ups and downs

done a complete house renovation last month and id pick plastering all day long over painting

I hate it now.....its nice making a room good but can't help thinking it would be good to learn another trade seen as everyone and his brothers a plasterer now...suppose whatever trade/job you got its always gonna get boring at the moment for me its just interesting seeing how other people live go to customers big house prob not much older than me..he ain't doing tiring manual work thinking wish I studied more at school.

There are times I really enjoy it and there are times I could pack it in.
You get customers who make it worthwhile then you get dickheads you just want to stab with a blunt pitchfork but on the whole it's not bad..

I enjoy it. Like workin on ma own. Stick the radio on and lock the customers out the room and its usually a good day lol.

Mmmmmm so this is what a forum's like......What's that smell?
i've been at it for 30 years,I've got 2 jags and I'm off to Mexico on me hols soon so can't complain-but I still do

Status
Not open for further replies.