Do you get back to potential customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

I am wondering whether to get back to my customers after I have sent their quote over.

I only do domestics and I find it very rude when you send the quote over and then nothing.

I drove across town a few weeks ago, priced a job at 1 end of sheffield drove to the other side to price another and walked in at 8pm (I left the house at 6.30am skimmed a room and finished at 5pm)

I just wondered if any other domestic lads followed up your quote with a call, does it seem pushy, desperate.

The big thing for me is, I like to be organised, some customers are all "yeah, your price is good, when are you free"

I'll tell them to have a look at the quote, think about it and let me know and we will book a date in.

I am pretty sure a lot of customers want to use me, I have decent cards and leaflets I leave with the customer, look professional when I quote, on time and have a laugh and a joke but I am wondering if they are playing my price off with the next guy who shows up in a Volvo estate.

Feedback welcome, cheers in advance.

Mac

I drove across town a few weeks ago, priced a job at 1 end of sheffield drove to the other side to price another and walked in at 8pm (I left the house at 6.30am skimmed a room and finished at 5pm) got home and heard sod all back, this was 2 weeks ago.

Sorry, I forgot the last sentence and couldn't edit post

Why not ask if or how they would like you to contact them to chase up...... be polite about it.....

"Can I call you (or text you) in a week to see if you are interested, so that I can plan the date in my diary?"

"Would you prefer me to drop you an E Mail in a week, to check if you want me to book it into my diary?"

If you ask when you quote, they cannot be upset if you chase later.... just be polite about it

They asked you to come and quote...... and it is your livelyhood afterall

Good luck!

No ,no , never ring ,never ever ever ever ring, no, no, you have put your quote in, just leave it, leave it alone, annoying it maybe but leave it ,so no, ok don't call text email.drive by ,drink in their local, shop in there tescos, wait at their bus stop..

hi Mac, I only do private work myself and if I've posted a quote through/left an answer phone message/email whatever without reply after week or so and I want the job or very keen to get it? I'd ring just to ask they got the quote OK as you don't want to double book yourself if they agree to have the work done? then they pretty much have to say yes or no but at least you know where you stand. I don't like it when customers don't get back to you? they are quick to complain when its the other way around? hope you get that job by the way pal :RpS_thumbup:

I just find it incredibly rude, not to let someone know who had driven to your house, spent 30 mins talking you through the job, gone home and spent 20 mins writing a professional looking quote up and emailing it to you.

I'm not keen on throwing numbers about on arrival, I like to get materials sorted have a think about it while I drive home, then sit down and send it over.

It's not 1 job, it's several lately.

I just think I might be missing a trick in letting customers think about it too much,

True its rude, but it's like asking someone out, don't keep asking them out, some people are incapable of decisions,people are peculiar, people can be busy, other things happen etc, they may phone you at some stage or not, move on until it's pencilled in..

Sometimes If you email a quote it may go into their spam box so might be worth mentioning this, I have quoted in the past and they have rang saying they haven't receive it and this has been the problem. It is annoying when they don't get back to you especially if you know them but that's the way it is and if you are busy when they decide they want it doing **** em lol ( not literally)

you could always go back and scratch the quote on the bonnet of their car?? they'd be bound to get back to you then??

No ,no , never ring ,never ever ever ever ring, no, no, you have put your quote in, just leave it, leave it alone, annoying it maybe but leave it ,so no, ok don't call text email.drive by ,drink in their local, shop in there tescos, wait at their bus stop..

I don't mean going all stalkerish on them, I always tell customers I work on first come first served, whoever gets back to me first gets the first available date.

But when customers have been all up for you doing there work then after the quote you get nothing, it's just plain rude.

I don't mean going all stalkerish on them, I always tell customers I work on first come first served, whoever gets back to me first gets the first available date.

But when customers have been all up for you doing there work then after the quote you get nothing, it's just plain rude.
true, but its their call.

When I email a quote I always call or text to let them know it's sent.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Do you like it when ppi company's phone or your in shops and salesmen hassle you or phone companies phone trying to sell something. If they like the quote they normally say there and then

Do you like it when ppi company's phone or your in shops and salesmen hassle you or phone companies phone trying to sell something. If they like the quote they normally say there and then

Difference is you have gone out of your way to invite a spread up to quote

You have asked for a quote

You've met the plasterer and asked him to get a price to you.

It's not like your just ringing random numbers saying, can I offer you some plastering work

When you look at the job, just make it clear how busy you are over the coming weeks and months (even if you're not) then they know they need to book you ASAP. Ringing them up won't make them choose you, it may even make them NOT choose you, they haven't forgotten about you don't worry about that. In 20+ years of working domestics I've had a handful who have called back to say 'thanks, but no thanks'. On the other hand I've had people ring me 6 months later saying they'll go with my quote - I usually bang a little extra on it then (everything goes up). :RpS_thumbup:

Had a few ring back months later and a few email saying thanks but I was the most expensive which always makes me smile especially after I've replied saying well I am the best lol

I hate it when they get back to you months later and you can't remember what you've charged them! Errrr sorry I'm busy

I am wondering whether to get back to my customers after I have sent their quote over.

I only do domestics and I find it very rude when you send the quote over and then nothing.

I drove across town a few weeks ago, priced a job at 1 end of sheffield drove to the other side to price another and walked in at 8pm (I left the house at 6.30am skimmed a room and finished at 5pm)

I just wondered if any other domestic lads followed up your quote with a call, does it seem pushy, desperate.

The big thing for me is, I like to be organised, some customers are all "yeah, your price is good, when are you free"

I'll tell them to have a look at the quote, think about it and let me know and we will book a date in.

I am pretty sure a lot of customers want to use me, I have decent cards and leaflets I leave with the customer, look professional when I quote, on time and have a laugh and a joke but I am wondering if they are playing my price off with the next guy who shows up in a Volvo estate.

Feedback welcome, cheers in advance.

Mac
I qoute , then never contact em mate... leave that to the double glazing sales people..lol... and I never drop the price.. certain types are chipping ya down before they see ya... when i hear the accent i hang up..lol

When I email a quote I always call or text to let them know it's sent.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I always ask customers to reply to my estimate email as confirmation they have received it......(Many of times av got an email addy wrong.............:rolleyes) ). Then at least you know they have at least got it

It's just 1 of the joys of domestic work mate! But when I email the quote I ask them to let me know either way an that usually does the trick

I always ask customers to reply to my estimate email as confirmation they have received it......(Many of times av got an email addy wrong.............:rolleyes) ). Then at least you know they have at least got it
It will usually get returned to uou if it's spelt wrong also I always say in the email I have attached the quote, a few times I haven't and before I can send it gmail tells me I have mentioned attachment but not attached anything ******* brilliant technology.

Like others have said I don't chase up quotes .. In my terms and conditions I state estimates are valid for 14 days and are subject to change after that so hopefully a customer gets back to me within that time frame ..

don't chase them. ever. give them your price, whether it's verbally or written, then give them the current lead time, it puts the onus on them. i will always look at the job, price it, then give them a business card as I'm walking out the door. more or less " it's going to be a million quid blah blah blah. look, i know you'll be getting other quotes so here's my card. if you want me to do it give me a bell and i'll put something in the diary. at the moment your looking at three or four weeks away" because it looks like you couldn't care less if you got the job or not because your busy, the majority of times they'll okay it then and there or an hour later when they've thought about it. obviously bigger jobs are different. you work it out and phone them back with the same banter. i put all quote prices in the diary as soon as i'm back in the van together with any special mats needed. oh, and turn up in your work gear and the van. shows that you've been working that day but have still travelled all that way to give them a price ...

It will usually get returned to uou if it's spelt wrong also I always say in the email I have attached the quote, a few times I haven't and before I can send it gmail tells me I have mentioned attachment but not attached anything ******* brilliant technology.
That's because gmail spies on you for advertising purposes :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.