Do you get back to potential customers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always take the bus when I go to price a job ,then think about how much to charge them when Im waiting for the bus home!

cant remember how many times ive gone to price a job when its dark and the street is chocka with cars and theres nowhere to park and you have to park in the next street , the customers never asked to look at my van freerider but ive still got the job !

If you like, Mac, we could try some role play. It could help you prepare for the quotes. You'll be able to experience the scenario from both perspectives. You'll learn to react correctly as the situation evolves rather than alienating potential clients. I'm ready if you want to give it a try....:RpS_thumbup:

If you like, Mac, we could try some role play. It could help you prepare for the quotes. You'll be able to experience the scenario from both perspectives. You'll learn to react correctly as the situation evolves rather than alienating potential clients. I'm ready if you want to give it a try....:RpS_thumbup:

So, how do I alienate them, I talk them Through the job, leave them with a card and a flyer explaining everything I do, iwi, mono, screeding, coving, plastering, skimming etc,

Let them know I will email them within the next day or 2 with a price, all written up professionally, I think it might just be because it's Xmas and people will be waiting until late jan early February.

We can try role play if you like, our lass is on and I'm sure if I wash this blow up sheep out you'd be game for a laugh you scruffy polish bar steward. Lol.......

Too far...... I'm going to leave it

It will pick up soon :RpS_thumbup:

Everyone will phone at once; it's always the way.

Talking through the job always seems to go down well. I emphasise the fixed price, as well. Explain clearly it's not a day rate and the price remains the same whatever. Unless something pops up that wasn't initially quotes on, that is. They always like that.

I had a problem last year where I kept glancing at womens cleavage, which I think made them nervous and lost me some business. Seriously. I'd gone to look at a job and the woman opened the door in a bikini. I was a bit flustered. My eyes kept dropping to her cleavage even though I was trying to keep front and centre. I wasn't taking in what she was saying and just gave a random price. Never heard back. Then when I went to other jobs, the same thing was happening :RpS_crying: Not because I'm a perv or anything, but just because the seed had been planted. It was terrible, really. Didn't get any of the jobs and word was probaby spreading about me. I had to start wearing mirrored shades in the end just to get over it. But I think that made people nervous as well.

Anyway, things will pick up soon. And don't be staring at womens breasts :RpS_wink:

On quotes, I mean.

Things are ok, I'm booked up with a few days spare over Xmas, taking work into January.

I have put my prices up slightly, and before I was winning 90% of the jobs I was quoting, probably down to about 60% now.

I have got about 10-12 quotes out, I'm thinking they may be holding off until after Xmas, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with the quoting process, I just wondered about following up quotes.

give a quote whether it be 200 quid or ten grand -be professional leave a card etc, and leave it at that, chasing leads up looks desperate.
people are rude arnt they, in an ideal world theyd get back to you and let you know either way but **** happens

It will pick up soon :RpS_thumbup:

Everyone will phone at once; it's always the way.

Talking through the job always seems to go down well. I emphasise the fixed price, as well. Explain clearly it's not a day rate and the price remains the same whatever. Unless something pops up that wasn't initially quotes on, that is. They always like that.

I had a problem last year where I kept glancing at womens cleavage, which I think made them nervous and lost me some business. Seriously. I'd gone to look at a job and the woman opened the door in a bikini. I was a bit flustered. My eyes kept dropping to her cleavage even though I was trying to keep front and centre. I wasn't taking in what she was saying and just gave a random price. Never heard back. Then when I went to other jobs, the same thing was happening :RpS_crying: Not because I'm a perv or anything, but just because the seed had been planted. It was terrible, really. Didn't get any of the jobs and word was probaby spreading about me. I had to start wearing mirrored shades in the end just to get over it. But I think that made people nervous as well.

Anyway, things will pick up soon. And don't be staring at womens breasts :RpS_wink:

On quotes, I mean.

Wierdo!

Are you on the register?

Wierdo!

Are you on the register?

:RpS_mellow: No. The last register I was on was at school.

I was in a bad place at the time and was showing how easily things can change. Quoting jobs is a highly dynamic environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.