DIY'er keen to learn

Members online

perky416

Hi Guys,

My name is Lee, just in the middle of a house renovation, i pretty much do everything myself, electrics, plumbing, tiling, also tried plastering. Plastering was by far the most difficult DIY thing I have ever done but with an entire house to do I am keen to crack it. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

If uv not really done it before mate, there is no tips on here o make u good at it, takes practice and more practice, but good luck. If ur reskimming, make sure and prep well and dont take on big areas til u can handle small areas. Start on small areas not seen, hotpresses cupboardd etc til u think u can get the hang of it. Try and stick to a wall at a tine,coat as tidily and even as u can so as no ribs in it which if i dont get ovet them in time will dry as waves. Keep angles clean. Fill all holes/misses as u go, ideally in first pass to minimize fat marks. Good luck, bad plastering is awful but good plastering can almost gone unnoticed

A diy'er will always want to have a go....

The best diy'er out there are plasterers as we have an eye for detail

Keep blade of trowel as flat/less angle as possible first 2 passes, take as little back off as possible, then increase it to finish wall and get nice finish to it.