Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 356
He's like an arch nemisis...............:RpS_laugh:....get plenty of pics up as the job progresses marra................:RpS_thumbup:

Hell of a challenge to get a finish on that though...... especially over the top of a front door!

Good luck Mark - post some pictures!

First a Shower..... now a board discount! LOL

I'm off on a week's Holiday this week (getting a new heater system installed) but will contact you when I'm back.........

I really like the application Mark - it will deifinately show off the ability of curving the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior!

Cut the board into 300 mm strips and then crack the core to get it flexible (in 300mm strips it will go to a 1 mtr rad - no problems. full 900mm wide board will probably break with such a tight radius, 900mm of to 3 mtr rad).......... don't score the board, cracking the core is all that is needed. Over stress the mesh, or scoring the mesh will make it break.

Get plenty of piccies - if you have any problems message me on here and I will get in touch.

Could you not rub up rend aid over the aquapanel

To be honest spunk, I ve never considered it, just used it as a pre rend and thats all. Im guessing it would be a pig to rub, but I could stand corrected on that one. I could LAC it with mesh and rub up. But We have some Rendaid and OCR over from another job,so using it up.

Could you not rub up rend aid over the aquapanel

Hay Spunky

If you put a good quality (approved) bascoat and mesh onto the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior first, then you could just rub up the basecoat and paint it - if that is what the client wants.

With a curved wall / soffit, the mesh in the boards are stressed - so it would be best to apply a top coat to make it all more rigid

Mark - the face with the Aquapanel branding on it, has a slightly looser mesh...... so put that on the convex side - in this case, that would mean that you will have the back face showing ready for render.

You are correct - LAC and mesh could be rubbed up.....

Scissors if you wanted a flat finish are lads fitting board then tape jointing it? They did it opposite my brother in laws but with no insulation which was a bit weird

You always have to put a basecoat and mesh onto the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior....... some spec's call for tape and joint so do not - it depends on the render system supplier.......... Some of the system basecoats can be rubbed up smooth, or have a 1mm skim applied over the mesh coat which is rubbed smooth. Most render basecoats are not going to give you a really smooth finish (they are flexible weatherproofing coats really) and wetting them and rubbing them up will probably just draw the grit to the surface and result in a gritty finish instead....

Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is not suitable for insulated render systems where you have to put fixings into the board (Bonded only EWI systems - such as the Parex system - can be done though).

There are some soffits where the Architect just tapes and joints Knauf Aquapanel Exterior and paints it, but it looks very rough and industrial.......... leaving it just taped and jointed is not recommended for walls!

tic tic tic tic tic................. BOOM!!! LOL:RpS_scared:

Cheers Marra - just want everyone to be confident using Knauf Aquapanel Exterior and make sure no-one has any problems. Most sites have enough problems - without a product making it worse!

First a Shower..... now a board discount! LOL

I'm off on a week's Holiday this week (getting a new heater system installed) but will contact you when I'm back.........

I really like the application Mark - it will deifinately show off the ability of curving the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior!

Cut the board into 300 mm strips and then crack the core to get it flexible (in 300mm strips it will go to a 1 mtr rad - no problems. full 900mm wide board will probably break with such a tight radius, 900mm of to 3 mtr rad).......... don't score the board, cracking the core is all that is needed. Over stress the mesh, or scoring the mesh will make it break.

Get plenty of piccies - if you have any problems message me on here and I will get in touch.

might be devils advocate here, and theres nothing wrong with aqua boards,dont get me wrong

but the last one of these i did was using the gtec external plasterboard which id say is more suitable due to its lightweight and fixing capabilities

tic tic tic tic tic................. BOOM!!! LOL:RpS_scared:

Cheers Marra - just want everyone to be confident using Knauf Aquapanel Exterior and make sure no-one has any problems. Most sites have enough problems - without a product making it worse!

whats the best way to fix your boards to steel?

i have some steel vertical pillars to do with a thin coat system

whats the best way to fix your boards to steel?

i have some steel vertical pillars to do with a thin coat system

Hi Owls

Depends on the thickness of the steel.......... we have several types of screws for different backgrounds.

up to 0.7mm thick Galv steel - Knauf Aquapanel Maxi Screws - SN25. From 0.7mm up to 2mm thick Galv steel - Knauf Aquapanel Maxi Screws - SB25 (drill tipped). We then also have Stainless Steel Screws for into timber (SN40).

If you want to fix into Aluminium Helping Hand Brackets, we have a spec'd screw by others....... any other substraight, ask us!

its structual steel, its some pillars in between some large windows we are using your boards on the job.
we cant fix any type of subframe to the girders as there isnt the scope around it, due to the windows already in place.

might be devils advocate here, and theres nothing wrong with aqua boards,dont get me wrong

but the last one of these i did was using the gtec external plasterboard which id say is more suitable due to its lightweight and fixing capabilities

The Gtec board is a gypsum based board......... if you were building your own house would you put a gypsum board on the outside?
Yes it is tested and assessed by BBA (it is as light as a gypsum board, as easy to work etc, etc - Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is similar, but 100% cement core!).... just saying.....

The main issue that they have (and to be honest it works for them, as they do NO selling) is that it is only approved for use with Parex Renders... No other render system has approved it - to my current knowledge.... Knauf Aquapanel Exterior currently has 9 approved renders, 2 approved systems on a project by project basis (their choice), 2 further assessing for approval - as well as confirmed suitability for S&C, Lime, Tiles, Slip Bricks,etc (subject to weight and size restrictions) if applied onto a basecoat and mesh.

Oh - and you get technical support from Knauf Drywall.......... try getting some from Gtec.... Parex have to do it all.... (btw - Parex is approved onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior as well)

If Gypsum boards were perfect for render - wouldn't BG and Knauf do them as well......?

But they still sell plenty!

its structual steel, its some pillars in between some large windows we are using your boards on the job.
we cant fix any type of subframe to the girders as there isnt the scope around it, due to the windows already in place.

AH! - OK.....

Then you need to get a specific fixing from someone like SPIT or Ejot to suit the substraight.

You need a countersunk screw with a screw head size 9mm or slightly larger.... I'll come back to you tomorrow!

Sorry Mark........... seem to have taken over your EXCELLENT POST.............

Really looking forward to seeing how it comes along....

Can't win on here, if you slagg someone off you're a nasty ******* and if you give credit where due you're an arse licker.

There are some absolutely useless T***s on here, actually I think there are loads and loads of them, top guys like Mark and Paul to name just two, well they're bloody rare creatures and without them this forum wouldn't be worth a toss.
If that makes me an arse licker......well I can live with it.

Think flynnymarra was just yanking ya chain andy.............:RpS_thumbup:dont think there is any denying marks ability all his graft looks mustard..........:RpS_thumbup:

Can't win on here, if you slagg someone off you're a nasty ******* and if you give credit where due you're an arse licker.

There are some absolutely useless T***s on here, actually I think there are loads and loads of them, top guys like Mark and Paul to name just two, well they're bloody rare creatures and without them this forum wouldn't be worth a toss.
If that makes me an arse licker......well I can live with it.

LOL this place is just too easy sometimes hahahahahahahahahaha xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.