Derby angling club

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget your a fisherman lucius I have been fishing chew lately they reckon there is gonna be a British record pike there in the next few years mate 30's coming out all the time.

Yeah ive heard but when can you fish for pike as i thought it was a trout fishery, there must be times?

Yeah ive heard but when can you fish for pike as i thought it was a trout fishery, there must be times?
You can fly fish for pike the flys are massive and you got to step the rods up but they also open it up towards the end of the year for pike anglers and you can fish normal pike fishing methods.

Yeah ive seen the pike flys massive, i just bought a load of my lures back from Spain as i werent using them there, a couple of hundred quids worth, wouldnt mind having a go at Chew October time, how do you get a ticket?

You can phone the lodge for a boat or just turn up and get a bank ticket, I live about 20 mins away so not far and 10 mins away from barrow tanks where i fish a couple of nights a week which is another of Bristol waters reservoirs I mainly fly fish but i want to get into the pike fishing at chew.

Yeah i have caught jacks on a spinner its awsome i have been getting into catching fish with artificial's lately thats why i got into fly fishing i was carp fishing for over 10 years and also started beach casting with Spunky last year apart from plastering fishing is the only other thing i do.

Bod,

Beach fishing is now the only fishing I do. I have to eat what I catch,( when I do) . Did a trip down the Dover break water recently, nice day but spoilt by all the friggin polish mackeral bashing. :RpS_cursing:

Your right, sea fishing aint what it used to be. We fished Dungy and surounding areas 20 years ago and had, dabs,cod,whiting , Dover sole and spot on bass in plenty. These days things are not so good, too much hardcore off shore fishing by the trawlers is putting a a sad decline on the beach angling society.:-(

You can phone the lodge for a boat or just turn up and get a bank ticket, I live about 20 mins away so not far and 10 mins away from barrow tanks where i fish a couple of nights a week which is another of Bristol waters reservoirs I mainly fly fish but i want to get into the pike fishing at chew.
Ime up for that later in the year mate, ile let you know.

were getting a lot of jelly fish on our beach on really warm days size of dinner plates.

There is some good Bass fishing around Whitstable and Herne bay way Mark

My missus old man owns a holiday place in Herne Bay funily enough.....I hear that fly fishing for bass is all th rage.....which sort of F*****s me up a bit. Whats wrong with a bit of rag worm and a peeler crab top.??....I ned some fly lessons me thinks.

The only trouble with fly fishing is the risk of getting hooks stuck in you which i have had a few times back of the head and worst one was in the cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.