Decorating issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hi i know this is a plastering forum but i'm decorating my bedroom and was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on somethings like i'm staining the skirtings would it be better stain them b4 paint walls or vice versa

REALI would be best if u dint stain them at all! u reali like that ? satinwood all the way!
but either masking tape them up first or paint the walls first any dropes..wipe first..

I use sadolin woodstain and varnish. Paint all the walls first and cut the stain in after. That way you can touch up the walls it you get any on them after. If you stain first chances are the skiting will have a lot of paint on them. Like plastering work from the top down! ;)

use masking tape on the top edge.

but if you want a proper job...... caulk the gap between the wall and the skirting first....... make sure to wipe the caulk off the top edge of the skirting with a wet rag. let the caulk dry, tape the top edge paint the walls remove tape then stain the wood work.

You cant beat getting a painter in to do it for you and there so cheap i dont know how they survive ;D
Yea but i'am one of these stubborn you know whats that has to do it himself, and nothing is cheap unless its free lolbut i really do like the satisfaction of doing it and saying i did that!

You cant beat getting a painter in to do it for you and there so cheap i dont know how they survive ;D
Yea but i'am one of these stubborn you know whats that has to do it himself, and nothing is cheap unless its free lolbut i really do like the satisfaction of doing it and saying i did that!

Im the same fella, i used to hate painting but now i love it.

Wont go as far to say i love painting but will do anything really just for the satisfaction apart from that f'in fibre glass insulation i hate that bloody thing!

Wont go as far to say i love painting but will do anything really just for the satisfaction apart from that f'in fibre glass insulation i hate that bloody thing!

Dont go there matey... That was my saturday just gone job.. Double insulate my front extenstion roof space and board.... :mad: :(

Dont go there matey... That was my saturday just gone job.. Double insulate my front extenstion roof space and board....  :mad: :(
Rather you than me mate i as skimming a massive loft conversion, bloke done boarding himself he put about six screws per board and the dnd walls where so out told him about it all and he just went dont worry skimm them lol 530 smackers do me nicely lol

Status
Not open for further replies.