decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
Think time has come to finally become a modern man and get a pump.
we do alot of ewi with the odd mono and float and set.

So this is what im really wanting to do. Not bothered bout skimming with it though.

So my question. Who recommends what that can pump the above.

I do want one that mixes. Cant really see the point in pumping if i still.gotta knock up.

Thanks

Think time has come to finally become a modern man and get a pump.
we do alot of ewi with the odd mono and float and set.

So this is what im really wanting to do. Not bothered bout skimming with it though.

So my question. Who recommends what that can pump the above.

I do want one that mixes. Cant really see the point in pumping if i still.gotta knock up.

Thanks

If it's mainly EWI your doing mate I would always recommend the EZE 24. Yes it doesn't mix but, it's the best thing for spraying top coats.

Lots of guys on here use Ritmos etc so will advise them. It's a good machine so it's down to you at the end of the day mate

Will happily give you a call to discuss the various options.

We also have the M100 available which will do Mono, Plaster and all aspects of EWI and mix the material as well.

Cheers mate

That Eze looks good for ewi but if you need to pump renders like mono then the ritmo is the one for you dan.your pals with the man wez so jump in with him for the day.
If you think he's a knob come up to sunny North Devon!!

If it's mainly EWI your doing mate I would always recommend the EZE 24. Yes it doesn't mix but, it's the best thing for spraying top coats.

Lots of guys on here use Ritmos etc so will advise them. It's a good machine so it's down to you at the end of the day mate

Will happily give you a call to discuss the various options.

We also have the M100 available which will do Mono, Plaster and all aspects of EWI and mix the material as well.

Cheers mate
On private jobs do many actually spray the top coats though as I gives a tyro type finish?
I prefer the finish by hand

That Eze looks good for ewi but if you need to pump renders like mono then the ritmo is the one for you dan.your pals with the man wez so jump in with him for the day.
If you think he's a knob come up to sunny North Devon!!
I dont think hes a know bobby. I KNOW hes a knob. Ive told him if i get ritmo hes coming in for first few days to help.out!

I could do with a hol to devon!

To be honest we have more guys doing it on domestic than site.

If sprayed well and properly it is very hard to see the difference. There is one, but only a professional would be able to pick it.

Won't look like Tyro.. Will post a few pics for people to see

Spray applied through the EZE 24

Attachments

• decisions decisions
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 360
You can always rub it up after if that's what you prefer.

Using the machine also helps maximise your profits by getting the correct amount of material per tub.

Our Mapei T/C is meant to go 8m2 by hand. We have guys getting 9-10 spray applied

you gotta get the basecoat pretty perfect to spray a topcoat. not so hard on thin coat stuff but a on ocr or similar you almost need to leave it looking finished. No good trying to hide blemishes with 1.5 mm topcoat it will merge or flash.
for me its gotta be the right job for spraying. no good spraying a job just cos you can and spending extra money on masking which you have to do urself cos nobody will understand how well you need it masked. tape on top of tape on top of tape on top of tape etc etc

you gotta get the basecoat pretty perfect to spray a topcoat. not so hard on thin coat stuff but a on ocr or similar you almost need to leave it looking finished. No good trying to hide blemishes with 1.5 mm topcoat it will merge or flash.
for me its gotta be the right job for spraying. no good spraying a job just cos you can and spending extra money on masking which you have to do urself cos nobody will understand how well you need it masked. tape on top of tape on top of tape on top of tape etc etc

Agreed with the basecoat needing to be good but that is the same if you apply the top coat by hand.
If your having to put the topcoat thicker to cover blemishes you haven't done the basecoat correctly.

With regards to masking up, those who have used and seen the EZE 24 in action will know the overspray is minimal and it is very accurate.

We have guys doing this with the EZE 24 on 25m2 areas upto 5000m2 sites.

I have seen a vid of it being sprayed and rubbed up as normal incredibly fast but you need someone who can rub up as fast as it goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.