Dark days

Members online

No members online now.
Thing is alot of new housing sites dont have mains power till units are complete

I know, it's cheaper for them to throw them up as quick as. They should be providing mains power or hiring genny's, it rarely happens on house builds as the HSE don't have the resources to check them so concentrate on the big commercial/industrial jobs.

It's the main contractor's responsibility to make sure everything is as it should be. :rolleyes:

Most sites i work on i have to bring my own generator
I worked on a linden homes site in okehampton about 60 houses on the site, I had to hire out a generator aswell. All the subcontractors were doing it, was a proper s**t job.

I worked on a linden homes site in okehampton about 60 houses on the site, I had to hire out a generator aswell. All the subcontractors were doing it, was a proper s**t job.
Didn't think you had any mains power that far out west.... ;)

I don't know a single bloke who has a genny provided for them on New build houses.
everyone has they're own.

I think it's a fair question Carys. I used a headlamp for ceilings, cheapo one that you could tilt angle and is great for getting an angled light. Forgotten about them really, but gonna look into it again and see if I can find a decent one and report back.
Did you end up getting a lamp? I wouldn't mind one for fishing and perhaps work aswell

I was working on a Kia job about 5/6 years back every plasterer had a head torch on for first gauge no communal lighting etc same on every new build own genny lights etc jokers best part about it was they go I hope you got a drip tray spill kit etc they ain't bothered if you fall n break your arm or something in the corridors total tossers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never used a 'head lamp' but weirdly enough I was working with a sparky last week who loves em. I agree with 'Squarehead' that it is a perfectly good question.

I will admit honestly I have been caught out a couple of times ( in the early days ) when the light has faded and your still troweling up. You see it the next day in the sunlight and wish you had had a light. I always taught though that any plastering wether it be rendering or skimming always shows best in natural light.

But this time of year it can be a right B,stard.! :-(

I recently picked up a Nitecore HC60.

http://www.heinnie.com/nitecore-hc60-headlamp-cool

Come with a rechargeable battery and USB charger.
Walking the dog up the cut the other night lit up the towpath like Colin McRae's Subaru through a Welsh forest stage.
1000 lumens would just be too much for close work, but on one of the lower settings would be just perfect.
Machined out of alloy and waterproof, the Nitecore blows away my Petzl Myo in quality, performance & price.
Really nice even spread of light too and not like a spot light.
Serious bit of kit that would light up an entire room just sat on a window sill should you get caught out on a dull Dec afternoon.
Looks like a good bit of kit, not sure how I feel about li-ion batts strapped to my head though not with their recent reputation