Damp

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry mate , condensation in my mind ,loose the deposit and render it yourself

Last edited:
Basicly she has just been ripped of these meters were originaly designed to check the water content of timber, any brick no matter how dry it seems has some water content and one of these meters calibrated right will show it, its an old age scam cant believe its still happening, she has her consumer rights get he deposit back and go again these people are the lowest of the lowest.

well if that,s rising damp behind a kitchen unit ,and only there ,say no more ,but i hope your relative is a member of the forum ,just so she can see comments from alot of people ,that give a s**t

If she is a relative why didnt she call you in the first place for your advise or is it one of them "i will get him ln on the cheap coz hes only a plasterer?" To be honest mate i would leave her to it and say "you doin the plastering will void the guarantee". If she can get her money back happy days oh and some people keep sayin its a lot of money she has forked out but i cant see how much it was so how much was it?

It's funny how people react to a little bleep on a machine. I once knocked a chimney breast out for my uncle and I remembered I had one of them personal protection alarms in the van:RpS_scared: I told him I had to check for gasses in the room and was waving it around switching it on & off when I passed it over the flue areas and convinced him the place wasn't safe to stay in.................. Hook, line and sinker :RpS_biggrin:

I did tell him before he began packing cases like :RpS_thumbup:

If she is a relative why didnt she call you in the first place for your advise or is it one of them "i will get him ln on the cheap coz hes only a plasterer?" To be honest mate i would leave her to it and say "you doin the plastering will void the guarantee". If she can get her money back happy days oh and some people keep sayin its a lot of money she has forked out but i cant see how much it was so how much was it?

She did call me to get my opinion after she had already paid the damp company which i told her in turn, i reckon she was getting ripped off but like any one would to save face she is in denial, she didnt tell me the cost all she said was the budget was gone which she had allowed for the kitchen, floor and plastering and she knows what the plastering cost's as i have plastered the rest of her house.

im a bit confused by this mate. as its obviously a scam, aside from trying to get the deposit back in ways suggested earlier, what difference does it make who plasters it, and what with? what is the point in trying to maintain a guarantee for something that doesnt exist?

Show her this thread and explain that most of the replies are from people with far more knowledge and less to gain than the guys who want her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.