Damp patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Wiltshire, if your passing pop in, and I can show you how we carry out diagnosis.
Then you make your mind up.

Hello
I've got a chemistry set aswell. It won't make damp rise 3m tho.get a grip
I drank my chemistry set!! God knows what happened afterward??
attachment.php

Hello

Can you explain that why in certain areas of the Netherlands, a lot below sea level have no legal requirement to have a DPC and yet the rising damp never goes there ?

If your ever in London I'll show you my cement mixer and waterproofer x

Hello

Sorry to burst your bubble.
I have a laboratory for sample analysis. Salt testing using dilute nitric acid, silver nitrate, dilute sulphuric acid, concentrate sulphuric acid and iron sulphate.
You have a lab? Like a real F*****g lab like in James Bond? ****, I've got a library wall full of old books and thought I had it all it's also got a secret door that goes F*****g nowhere :( A F*****g LAB? Maaaaaaaaan. You have upped your game you have got rid of the electrical conductivity metre More commonly known as a damp finder or metre and got a lab, I've got to give it you you have upped your game. Now I'm sure Irish is booking his ticket to pop and see you but I want to come and I bet a few more would love to see the lab so it would be worth you posting a video of the findings or let's start with a few pics, I'm intrigued I would like you to change my mind :)

Hello

Have you seen how long the piles they use are now?
Even the older properties that were constructed with a timber piling system had huge trees cut down and became the piles, did you know this?
I laugh when people ask the question about Netherlands and damp, bit like Venice, I take it you know how they kept buildings dry?

Hello

Have you seen how long the piles they use are now?
Even the older properties that were constructed with a timber piling system had huge trees cut down and became the piles, did you know this?
I laugh when people ask the question about Netherlands and damp, bit like Venice, I take it you know how they kept buildings dry?

hello, everyone knows this, the cities were built on wooden piles, which are slowly sinking with water levels also rising.

This may be difficult for you to understand in your lab but try and get your head around it - THE WATER IS NOT RISING THROUGH THE BRICKS :RpS_laugh:

image.jpg

Heres Safegaurd 's advice from 1995, I did some demo's for them. Next time you're in London you can pop in and read about moisture rising through the bricks, that's why you don't inject the mortar beds. UPDATE, they've changed their minds. Ask me to open any page of this book at random and I shall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 307
I was thinking more of the type of stone they use.
What did you test for Safeguard?
I was in London 2 months ago with Safeguard

That was mainly rises through the mortar depending in what the building is constructed from. Read BRE Digest 245, thats why samples are from the mortar bed. Everybody knows that

Mate of mine, about 25 yrs ago bought a house diagnosed by a surveyor and a dampness expert with rising lol damp. Of course, it wasn't. Mortgage company were holding back about 3k in retention, a lot at the time. he challenged the surveyors report on the back of a report I'd written out for him. Safegaurd top kiddie at the time, came to argue their case, I made him look like an idiot, as anyone could have. He looked for the Middle ground, could I give instruction to pressurised Dpc injection to new "damp proofers lol", £100 a session.
i did, every rising damp job I had to go to, I found it wasn't rising damp.my career with Safegaurd didn't last long

Hello
Fair play to you, I see it all the time, poor ethics rule some people and commission. Lots of things conduct and make a damp meter beep, and surveyors use this to try and fool people. I like it when I go to a house and I can tell the old bird its condensation, and all she needs is a decent humidistat fan.

I reckon this new D4mp geezer is slimey steve cos he ain't be on a while.....he was great......we miss you slimey steve

Oh yeah and for those damp patches I usually use this its great for soaking up the excess :RpS_thumbsup:

QWOP2151.jpg

My missus has to use her nightie while I lie back with my smug as furk grin on my face :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.