Damp patch on internal wall

Members online

Shax

Hello everyone, I was hoping for some advice please. I have a patch on the wall in my living room. On the other side of this wall is the kitchen. The patch on the wall doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger over a period of 10/11 months. However, it sometimes gets darker. The is a much smaller patch on the kitchen side. The kitchen has tiles down whereas the living room has carpets. I have taken the carpet and floorboards up and attached a picture of the wall directly under the damp patch.

Attachments

• E8A78480-13DA-4E31-9FB9-9AD3C6D9A5BC.jpeg
    E8A78480-13DA-4E31-9FB9-9AD3C6D9A5BC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 275
  • 56DD66C5-AA32-48F3-979B-409B5631FD6B.jpeg
    56DD66C5-AA32-48F3-979B-409B5631FD6B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
  • 3D9C4528-2261-4231-A4DE-03B075B424CF.jpeg
    3D9C4528-2261-4231-A4DE-03B075B424CF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 271
Hello everyone, I was hoping for some advice please. I have a patch on the wall in my living room. On the other side of this wall is the kitchen. The patch on the wall doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger over a period of 10/11 months. However, it sometimes gets darker. The is a much smaller patch on the kitchen side. The kitchen has tiles down whereas the living room has carpets. I have taken the carpet and floorboards up and attached a picture of the wall directly under the damp patch.

That's wet.

Looks like that's a stud wall - wall plate on top of the brick.

Probably got a drip in a pipe running through it.

Water drops on to the base timber and gets up into the plaster/board before it finds its way down into the void.

Gonna have to smash it out on the most convenient side and find that leak, then plaster it back in.

That's wet.

Looks like that's a stud wall - wall plate on top of the brick.

Probably got a drip in a pipe running through it.

Water drops on to the base timber and gets up into the plaster/board before it finds its way down into the void.

Gonna have to smash it out on the most convenient side and find that leak, then plaster it back in.
Sole plate @Stevieo, you will never get into the Guild using wrong terminology.

Hello everyone, thank you for the replies! (The foot isn’t mine haha). A similar thing happened on the wall between the hallway and that same living room. There was a leak in one of the central heating pipes in the hallway but near these two walls and i think it dumped a load of water everytime the boiler was refilled. This was repaired around 10 months ago. Could these walls/timber still be wet from that long ago? I have attached a video which I took when the floor boards were up. There appears to be loads of rubbish down there too. Also, how do I check if a water pipe is leaking?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    33.6 MB