damp exterior wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dryline it on treated battens. Use insulation boards with vapour barrier if you can or minimum foil backed boards. Dont put rockwell inbetween battens against wall. You need cavity. Personally I wouldn't render both sides of a solid wall. If you dryline the the inside you could put a waterproof render on the outside, this will protect against penetrating damp. If your sure this is what it is...this time of year condensation is rife. You need to inform your tenants of steps to avoid condensation.

Irish maybe right bridged cavity...Irish why would you dot and dab on a wall which may have bridged cavity and has possible penetrating damp?

Lol I had a shed load of damp in my house when i first moved in freed what you are saying is over kill mate once its cured externally theres no need for all that you have suggested.

Irish maybe right bridged cavity...Irish why would you dot and dab on a wall which may have bridged cavity and has possible penetrating damp?[/

S+c using sika w p/proofer will keep the outside skin dry. If you want overkill you can use safeguard storm dry on top .

Sovereign rendermix is a w/proofer with a built in salt neutraliser for the internal skin of the wall.

The thermal board will reduce any condensation issues.

The air bricks at high level will also help

Engineering bricks which have been repointed wont let allow penetrating damp to ingress unless under severe conditions which will be obvious so dosent need rendering it is a condensation problem caused by the density of the brick the density of an engineering brick is probably not far of glass.

Engineering bricks which have been repointed wont let allow penetrating damp to ingress unless under severe conditions which will be obvious so dosent need rendering it is a condensation problem caused by the density of the brick the density of an engineering brick is probably not far of glass.

Lucius is 100% correct

One possible route is. Spray the outside to saturation with a water repellent. Avoid using hard cement based water-proof render to the outside. Internally improve the thermal efficiency of the wall with polystyrene backed plasterboard assumming the internal wall is free of obstructions. External insulation is often the best solution but terminating with neighbouring properties, down pipes, corners etc can make it difficult to achieve without a lot of ancillary work.

Status
Not open for further replies.