Damp area in corner of kitchen between wall and ceiling

Members online

see pic

no shower above. could this be from a leaking pipe or is it more likely to be cold bridging? that's an outside wall
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 1.18.53 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 1.18.53 PM.jpeg

Temperature + Humidity = Condensation...​

We humans – the average human sweats and loses around 8 pints of water in a 12 hour period Bedrooms - we breathe all that water out at night - where does it go?? Into our beds, clothes in the wardrobe where they get mouldy, carpets and walls ect
Kitchens – cooking – steam from hobs and ovens, tumble dryers, fridges that auto-defrost
Bathrooms – showers, baths, wet towels Plants – in pots on window ledges Drying clothes on clothes hangers in the house...

Control humidity
3F2F3B2C-6D63-4AAA-A218-A50FBB016D3E.jpeg

Likely to be condensation...

we get it on one corner of our house where it does not get any sun in winter...
A leak would be more like a leak I think (wetter)
Thanks, its in the corner of a kitchen albeit a very large kitchen. Clothes etc are sometimes dried there. Could this mean that this corner is lower in temperature and captures condensation? Then mould forms.
in which case I assume you shouldnt dry clothes etc in there, but in a general sense is it ever recommended to do anything specific, eg take off the surface and put in damp proofing etc?

Thanks, its in the corner of a kitchen albeit a very large kitchen. Clothes etc are sometimes dried there. Could this mean that this corner is lower in temperature and captures condensation? Then mould forms.
in which case I assume you shouldnt dry clothes etc in there, but in a general sense is it ever recommended to do anything specific, eg take off the surface and put in damp proofing etc?
Mould paint.

Job's a good un,

Like @Danny said get yourself a dehumidifier there will draw the moisture out the wet clothes and will keep the humidity at correct levels

Temperature + Humidity = Condensation...​

We humans – the average human sweats and loses around 8 pints of water in a 12 hour period Bedrooms - we breathe all that water out at night - where does it go?? Into our beds, clothes in the wardrobe where they get mouldy, carpets and walls ect
Kitchens – cooking – steam from hobs and ovens, tumble dryers, fridges that auto-defrost
Bathrooms – showers, baths, wet towels Plants – in pots on window ledges Drying clothes on clothes hangers in the house...

Control humidity
View attachment 73350
What app is that

Bleach used neat to kill the mould, wash it, let it dry. Give it a coat of any oil paint then once dry emulsion it.
Going forward ventilate the room by opening the F*****g window. It really isn't rocket science.

Bleach used neat to kill the mould, wash it, let it dry. Give it a coat of any oil paint then once dry emulsion it.
Going forward ventilate the room by opening the F*****g window. It really isn't rocket science.
b*ll***s.

Utter utter b*ll***s.

For a start oil based paint isn't mould paint and even if it was, if you emulsion over it, you're back to square one

Well , you are the expert ! :ROFLMAO:
Actually I have a lot of experience with just this.

I do renovating and work with tightwad landlords all the time.

I know what works because I have to come back when they haven't listened to me.

So yes, I suppose on this particular matter, I am a bit of an expert

Actually I have a lot of experience with just this.

I do renovating and work with tightwad landlords all the time.

I know what works because I have to come back when they haven't listened to me.

So yes, I suppose on this particular matter, I am a bit of an expert
‘I do renovating work with tightwad landlords all the time’

Fk me what a miserable fkn existence that must be

Definitely condensation. Turn up the heating, increase the ventilation and/or reduce the amount of moisture.