Damn Power Sponge

Status
Not open for further replies.

user__removed

Private Member
Done a s/c render yesterday and it has crazed badly. It seems as though the crazing is just surface and I am blaming the power sponge, the reason for this being is that you can get on the render with the diamond faced disc alot earlier than you can with a standard float, so I reckon it has bought too much fat to the surface hence the surface crazing thats my opinion. Any other opinions?

It was 20c and the sun was mostly behind cloud, its a strange one for sure seeing as the render still looked wet at the bottom and the crazing is less where it got most sun.

I've seen it happen before with a warm breeze on render and concrete. All will be good under the "skin" the breeze has caused on the surface. It's a case of wether you take the risk of not putting hesian or sheets up to sheild work from the prevailing weather when the weather is the way it is at the moment.

I had it myself the other week. All done as normal (which I never usually have problems with) the weather was warm with a strong breeze, didn't have the crazing just got 5 hairline cracks from the roof down to the bi folds. It even cracked over the eml. Got one really bad cracking about 1mm wide and 50cm long. Scrapped back and done it again. Should be covered from sun, cos it was my house didn't bother as the kids were in and out etc.... lessons learnt, lock the kids indoors and sheet up in jot windy weather!!!..

Factor could be the mix. Wat was it as I like to have a bit of sharp in to bind.

lets say the mix would b 4-1-1-1

plastering, sharp sand, lime and cement

also so I rub up once with float and sponge 2 times hope this helps

Been proper anal on this one started with a sbr slurry and scratch applied at 4-1 with sealorend mixed in the water at 20-1, left for 6 days then topped at 5-1-1 everything gauged exactly by the bucket not just thrown in with a shovel!
It will take some getting off and looking for a recommended option to sort it out without removing it.
I know there is plenty of options.

Factor could be the mix. Wat was it as I like to have a bit of sharp in to bind.

lets say the mix would b 4-1-1-1

plastering, sharp sand, lime and cement

also so I rub up once with float and sponge 2 times hope this helps

If you don't know the answer it's best not to suggest....

Depends where the crazing is is it staring you smack in the face or is it up near roof line or high on a gable. If as you say it is just on the surface, what paint is going on and do you think the paint will hide it, if it ain't being painted ooh bugger and i think you know next step and it involves a kango :-(.

Mr perfect ..ha ha, school days, ooh smarty pants, price plastering knows his stuff just got caught by the heat. Happens to everyone except mr perfect.....

Thats what im saying about the power sponge it has bought too much fat up! hence the surface crazing! but never had this problem before power sponging, the sun and wind are contributors to the problem as well mind. There could be a power sponge going cheap soon lol. And church check out Refina for the power sponge.

Thats what im saying about the power sponge it has bought too much fat up! hence the surface crazing! but never had this problem before power sponging, the sun and wind are contributors to the problem as well mind. There could be a power sponge going cheap soon lol. And church check out Refina for the power sponge.

yep thanks ,seen it on refina webby , never seen one before :RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.