Customers who watch

Tinytom

Been in a living room today for an old dear and she's literally sat on the sofa watching me all day not moved s muscle. Chain smoking about 60 fags a day choking me out and asking me question after question. What a day

If someone didn't show me the respect to not smoke in the same room as them I would have packed up and gone home.

Don't care that it's there house it's just basic manners;

"My liability insurance doesn't cover you for accidents, damage or injury if you're in an area whilst I'm working. So unfortunately you'll have to leave or sign a disclaimer accepting liability for yourself, me, and all the company's property."

this reminded me of a job , the woman of the house had been chatting to the plumber for a good while, he went to the toilet for a piss and there she was i there with him, still talking over his shoulder.

I feel your pain fella! I've had it a few times, but now I have perfected the art of flicking a bit of gear off the corner of my trowel and getting it to land right between the eyes of the said pest!! Or just Tell the customer u charge more for tutorials that normally gets rid of em!

Ive had a few like that. I would have asked her to get out. Cant stand smoking.

Had some Nigerian guy sit in a deckchair in the middle of the room watching me and the GOD channel on the tv once. Before I started his missus started badgering him and he reluctantly told me he had no money and would I take a post dated cheque. I packed up and left. Had some plumber hanging over my shoulder last year going on and on about f**k all. Sure he was on crack or something. Screaming along at the top his voice to the songs on the radio. Turned round and told him to shut the f**k up and he looked really offended. A few women sitting there and watching me all day. Telling me their life stories. Am I married? The usual stuff.

Been in a living room today for an old dear and she's literally sat on the sofa watching me all day not moved s muscle. Chain smoking about 60 fags a day choking me out and asking me question after question. What a day

We all have to work for family now and again!:D:LOL:

Jam the dust sheets under the door that keeps them out and say I might be at the door when you try to come in just shout aye I'm behind the door even if your having a banana on your break :guitarra:

Had a job before Christmas where the customer was a really heavy smoker. I was skimming a bathroom and he was there smoking away - I had to ask him if he didn't mind not smoking upstairs while I was there working as if he continued I would have to leave.
He moved into the bloody landing and continued, so said it again a little bit more snappy he then got the message and smoked outside for the rest of the day.
My clothes stink of it at the end of the day felt sorry for my lungs also!

I don't mind the odd cig myself but when your inhaling the second hand fumes of a good 30 fags in a day it's rank. She was a good 60 year old couldn't hardly walk, deaf as a door and just banged on all day about her family to me, where they used to go in their caravan. In between that telling me how her and her now deceased husband used to do all their own work because they couldn't afford tradesman, nice woman but enough is enough in a 30 degree room sweating all you wanna do is get done and get off

We should charge for counselling sessions as well as plastering.
The amount of customers that start talking about personal issues etc is quite high. My labourer got it the other day when a women started saying she had moved this way to get away from domestic violence and went into great detail! He didn't know what to say!

We should charge for counselling sessions as well as plastering.
The amount of customers that start talking about personal issues etc is quite high. My labourer got it the other day when a women started saying she had moved this way to get away from domestic violence and went into great detail! He didn't know what to say!
He should've said if you don't let me get on with the work I'm going to go pure tonto mrs and you'll have to move again :ROFLMAO:

in no particular order over the years i have been on jobs where, a bloke was naked from the waist down talking to his invisible freind,...offered and declined a very large glass of wine at 8.30am off a well to do lady,.. woman telling me she was going to tell her husband at 2pm that day she was leaving him made sure i was away before that,....customer asked me if i would like a pie ,i said yes he came back with 17 tins fray bentos steak pies all 6 years out of date,..2 G** lads who asked me who my butch labourer was called he was an ex para,tried to get him fixed up,.....woman who had 21 cats cleaned the litter trays out by hand then offered us a slice of cake,........a man who was 30 years old went home and told his mam that the bricklayer had sworn at him, she phoned me up complaining,.. left my handboard on a job once over the weekend when i came back the young boy bless him had been using it all weekend as some sort of fairground tombola and thrown his soiled underpants at it all weekend, been arrested over a customer and secretly filmed for 8 days see other threads for details on these,...oh i could go on and on, ...but i really do hate smoking do not understand it at all costs money/stinks/bad for health, i would tell a customer ,

in no particular order over the years i have been on jobs where, a bloke was naked from the waist down talking to his invisible freind,...offered and declined a very large glass of wine at 8.30am off a well to do lady,.. woman telling me she was going to tell her husband at 2pm that day she was leaving him made sure i was away before that,....customer asked me if i would like a pie ,i said yes he came back with 17 tins fray bentos steak pies all 6 years out of date,..2 G** lads who asked me who my butch labourer was called he was an ex para,tried to get him fixed up,.....woman who had 21 cats cleaned the litter trays out by hand then offered us a slice of cake,........a man who was 30 years old went home and told his mam that the bricklayer had sworn at him, she phoned me up complaining,.. left my handboard on a job once over the weekend when i came back the young boy bless him had been using it all weekend as some sort of fairground tombola and thrown his soiled underpants at it all weekend, been arrested over a customer and secretly filmed for 8 days see other threads for details on these,...oh i could go on and on, ...but i really do hate smoking do not understand it at all costs money/stinks/bad for health, i would tell a customer ,
What's this hand board you keep talking about?

oh dear me stuart, just when things were settling down over the whole handboard/hawk issue, this should only be discussed in hushed tones,...already i can hear rumblings in the shires,disgusted from tunbridge wells, letters to the times,,our southern freinds will be getting there pitchforks out tonight now setting alight to buildings,anarchy in the streets,....anyhooooooooooooo i always thought our scottish freinds called it a handboard

oh dear me stuart, just when things were settling down over the whole handboard/hawk issue, this should only be discussed in hushed tones,...already i can hear rumblings in the shires,disgusted from tunbridge wells, letters to the times,,our southern freinds will be getting there pitchforks out tonight now setting alight to buildings,anarchy in the streets,....anyhooooooooooooo i always thought our scottish freinds called it a handboard
Never, ever, heard anyone calling it a hand board in Scotland mate.

My mate plastered a woman's wall in bedroom once while she was still in bed apparently he just throw a sheet over the bed and cracked on

When you type in hand board this is what comes up away and hae a hand job it's a HAWK

Attachments

• IMG_0528.PNG
    IMG_0528.PNG
    209.9 KB · Views: 262
Hawk, Hawk, Hawk!!!!!!! Behave yourself! :mad::muyenojado::boxeador:.........:cachetada:!!
oh cockney my freind you need help, as with all our southern freinds, intensive counselling/samaritans/care in the community etc etc they are all out there for you,.........but it is called a handboard, all the best hope you get well,