Customers painting

Members online

Formby plastering

Ok here it is I've pretty much plastered the whole customers house to a really good standard and every time I go back and look at his painting which is diabolical making my work look bad its dissheartning... roller marks bad cutting in and patchy .. i feel like lainting it for him..anybody else feel the same with customers or have you give up caring and just happy to be paid??

Ok here it is I've pretty much plastered the whole customers house to a really good standard and every time I go back and look at his painting which is diabolical making my work look bad its dissheartning... roller marks bad cutting in and patchy .. i feel like lainting it for him..anybody else feel the same with customers or have you give up caring and just happy to be paid??

Know exactly how you feel! I just switch off now though...

Know exactly how you feel! I just switch off now though...
I try but its like a kick in the teeth he's paying me good money to do it then looks a mess when he paints it .. i wouldn't be bothered if I didn't have to keep looking at it every couple months going back. Shame really

I hate it. Had this very recently with a friends bedroom. Looks horrendous! Never seen cutting in so bad and the finish on the paint is really course and patchy. Didn't realise painting could go so wrong.

It aint until you paint new plaster regular then you find out it aint straightforward as some makeout.especially reskims over solid walls.
I always say to customers if they can afford it get a qualified decorator in.
If they get first mist coat wrong it all goes downhill.

I slapped mist coat on my lounge n when sun comes through you can see all drips n roller marks.. as for customers I.ve learnt to just let em do what ever. As some time you would change there minds n job gets longer . More money but ye have to mess next customers about

It is what it is mate, most custards like that, but if it annoys you, get an airless offer it paint it as well, piece of cake to spunk a bit of paint on with it. I only bought a very cheap one and it's outdone itself.

Bum him !!! And go in dry !!! In fact dip your bell end in blue grit first and sprinkle crushed dry chilli flakes on first (y)

It is what it is mate, most custards like that, but if it annoys you, get an airless offer it paint it as well, piece of cake to spunk a bit of paint on with it. I only bought a very cheap one and it's outdone itself.
Like this?
26309_16.jpg

Rise above it, revel in the fact that your mate has cocked up painting....when as we all know "if you can piss, you can paint" .....as a plastering god it is your duty to take the high ground...
You are welcome.

Sometimes if I'm bored I'll start the painting, finished a bit early the other day a thought sod it I'll give one of the rooms down stairs a quick mist coat
IMG_9989.jpg

Tbh it was nice to see how good my plastering was gave me a boost

Did have some tips off my painting mate like , tbh it's quite therapeutic, my mate spray paints a lot of jobs I'd like to try that too

Always good to see a room painted and it does not look as rough as you first thought it would :D

Yep. On my continued quest to get better on the trowel, I always worry till its painted. Always looks good...occasionally a bit of easi fill on a few marks but I suppose that's normal. Need to chill out with it more :D

Yep. On my continued quest to get better on the trowel, I always worry till its painted. Always looks good...occasionally a bit of easi fill on a few marks but I suppose that's normal. Need to chill out with it more :D
No offence but a bit of easy fill is not the norm . You must try harder.

Did have some tips off my painting mate like , tbh it's quite therapeutic, my mate spray paints a lot of jobs I'd like to try that too

I've done a few plastering jobs then finish off painting with my airless. Just something different for a change.
df3baf0e1c75ca59a60000ecf404e980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offence but a bit of easy fill is not the norm . You must try harder.

Seen as its you...I'll try harder. :)

Amyway , I'll be round with the magnifying glass to inspect your work, see if there are any bumps or lumps...prob a similar process that your missus goes through in the bedroom! :D

IMG_0672.PNG
IMG_0662.PNG
IMG_0663.PNG
IMG_0664.PNG
IMG_0665.PNG
IMG_0666.PNG
IMG_0667.PNG
IMG_0668.PNG
IMG_0670.PNG
IMG_0671.PNG
IMG_0672.PNG
IMG_0662.PNG
IMG_0672.PNG
Rise above it, revel in the fact that your mate has cocked up painting....when as we all know "if you can piss, you can paint" .....as a plastering god it is your duty to take the high ground...
You are welcome.
"If you could piss you can paint" but can you do decorating stipple & highlighting, graining & dragging, rag rolling, and use the brush properly paint woodwork without brush marks. Hate people that say "if you could piss you could paint" because it ain't true and I can decorate

Before pictures

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_0675.PNG
    IMG_0675.PNG
    659.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0676.PNG
    IMG_0676.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0677.PNG
    IMG_0677.PNG
    875 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0678.PNG
    IMG_0678.PNG
    649.9 KB · Views: 242
It aint until you paint new plaster regular then you find out it aint straightforward as some makeout.especially reskims over solid walls.
I always say to customers if they can afford it get a qualified decorator in.
If they get first mist coat wrong it all goes downhill.
Hi ya if you ever want to give it a proper miss coat go for Drywall Pro 2in1 Zinsser paint best you can get its a sealing system.

Customers just asked when can they paint.she actualy said that she thought they could start tonight as they watch all they diy shows.
IMG_20170921_123540.jpg