Customer complaint on thin coat

I’ve had it lately were the grain in the mix once rubbed up is random and when there is more grain in one area an£ less in another it looks uneven or patchy.

Think I might know what they mean there like very very small air holes...

If so there being mega mega picky

Think it could be a slight swirl in the texture from the circular motions,
I’ve had it lately were the grain in the mix once rubbed up is random and when there is more grain in one area an£ less in another it looks uneven or patchy.
This sounds like what it is, annoying as they were fine with it when I left, Johnstones stormshield but a dark colour so maybe more noticeable

Which spat do you find is best for this type of work?
These are good :inocente:
download (25).jpg

why would they be old an bumpy Jess surely had a basecoat and spatted got to be flat as for thin coat?
No water, it's quite thick too Johnstones almost like a bonding in the way it can hold its own weight on a handboard, really annoying though as we both commented on how it was nice that it felt a bit thicker than the likes of wetherby
Lucky it's only small sections and it could still be the customer is just...... Well a bit thick

Get a f**k**g picture mate , or we will continue guessing....... :rolleyes:
My partner is off there on Tuesday, anyone else had similar problems, the top coat it pretty thick with Johnstones, starting to think maybe we should of watered it down

You need a lot of water in Johnstones compared too any other silicone I've used to make it more playable and also to hang on wall longer to avoid dry joints,dark colours tend to leave more scars if not catching your wet joint

My partner is off there on Tuesday, anyone else had similar problems, the top coat it pretty thick with Johnstones, starting to think maybe we should of watered it down
If it’s like bum holes your only hope is @Marshy . He is a good egg :D. Just don’t make him angry!
Jesus, that look from that pict will hunt me down all my life :frio:

Went back to this job this week as I'd been on holiday for 3 weeks, looked like the grain had popped the air holes out if that makes sense?

Anyway we took some advice of a post in here and added about a pint and a half of water to the Johnstones 1.5 and it rubbed up fine and the customer was very happy with the result. The original gear without water is too thick and you also don't get much out if a tub

Went back to this job this week as I'd been on holiday for 3 weeks, looked like the grain had popped the air holes out if that makes sense?

Anyway we took some advice of a post in here and added about a pint and a half of water to the Johnstones 1.5 and it rubbed up fine and the customer was very happy with the result. The original gear without water is too thick and you also don't get much out if a tub
a pint and half? jeez were you troweling water?

you get 10-12m out out of a tub of johnstones, decent gear as well. think i put 500ml of water in there silicone enhanced depends on the colour. the darker the colour the less water ive found