Curved chimney breast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the guy alone ffs the clients happy who gives a fcuk and nick stop being a prick i should've taken a pic of that angle you done in that cupboard and put it on here

yeah but i just thought, if gibbos happy, i dont give a **** :)

anyway stop being grumpy, iv not said anything that isnt true. its not that great. hes posting photos which are asking for opinions....

Rendered to the top of the skirting line? are you blind?

Keyboard plasterers

dont no why your calling me a w**k*r. it is just 3 beads. it doesnt look quite right and no im not blind, the left skirting line is at the top of the skirting level. and i would have got a right bollocking for leaving skirting lines like that. and bearing in mind you didnt know how to put the bead up i think most what i said was pretty fair

Last edited:
..wonder what folks did before forums?
The camera angle is a bit off so angles so could look a little out (converging verticals etc) but I agree on the skirting - stone floors leave a bridge etc. wood floors you needn't bother if there's no skirting. Leave too high a gap and skirting could cockle. I'm looking on my phone so can't judge the head bead.
On a photo forum I sometimes frequent there's a gallery section and an appraisal section. Folks say 'that's nice' on the gallery one whereas they'd rip it to bits on the appraisal one. Some folks don't like critique - ask for an opinion and you may not like the answer..

Nick there is a batten on the left side to fix skirting to (may look like a brick). A completely incompetent blind diyer could get skirting on there. Skirting lines don't have to look pretty.

You yourself should know in an old property 'nothing looks quite right' You just got to do the best with what you got.

Maybe you could post some pictures of some you have done to compare?

You haven't gone low enough...end of.

How do you fix your skirts freed, with a bead of no-nails along the top edge? :RpS_lol:

i remember the days when we floated skirting lines straight using a scaffold plank up against wall,used to keep abit of plaster of floor to...argh.....bistozzzz

An old dog once told me "Just enough for a mouse [to run behind the skirts], but not enough for a rat" :RpS_scared:

Nick there is a batten on the left side to fix skirting to (may look like a brick). A completely incompetent blind diyer could get skirting on there. Skirting lines don't have to look pretty.

You yourself should know in an old property 'nothing looks quite right' You just got to do the best with what you got.

Maybe you could post some pictures of some you have done to compare?

with all due respect, you obviously dont really know what your talking about. i gave an opinion on a picture you decided to post, its not my fault you dont like it. i honestly have better things to do than have a competition with you on who can float and set a fireplace better. there are things you could have done better. take it on board or dont. i dont really care. i have posted pics on here before if your really desperate. now stop being a baby and just float a bit lower. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.