crap price but thousands of m2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vern

As title says landed on a job with literally thousands of m2 of skim with board finish, skim to 2.7 with no ceilings, im looking for advice from all on getting more on as the price is poor and im travelling for it.
I allready have the big trowel and hand board to match, i work off a board a bucket (of piss as most others call it) at a time so allways fresh gear with a joey mixing and taping infront, currently doin about 80 ish m2 aday but looking at whats infront think im getting gready haha

3 gauges, two 3 baggers and a 2 bagger so i can bead for next day, my joey just cant seem to bead for s**t but he only been with me a few weeks, just started him flattening with me now he got on top of the mixing and cleaning bit

£1.80m2, the same firm around three years back was paying £3.50, i was taking £1200 a week after tax if i worked the odd sat, the down turn in pricing for us is a fooking joke, on these big sites the fixers are whinging their cocks off cause they are only getting £1.80, since when has it been the same price to board as it is to skim ????

Just slap it on like soup and easily make a good wage.if you had another spread with you on stilts2.7you would fly it good luck!

£1.80m2, the same firm around three years back was paying £3.50, i was taking £1200 a week after tax if i worked the odd sat, the down turn in pricing for us is a fooking joke, on these big sites the fixers are whinging their cocks off cause they are only getting £1.80, since when has it been the same price to board as it is to skim ????
what firm is it?

nick just found the s*p*r*lex on refina, they want £95. have you seen one on the go just dont want to spend that and it end up being a donkey cause it does seem a good idea

yeah i like em. flattening is a doddle, and u can trowel up with them. theyre expensive but if the walls are big and flat they do pay for themselves. and ul get time for a cup of tea in the midle of a set

£1.80:eek: I thought that was bad for Taping, but for skimming!!!!
Fair play though if you got 1000s of m2 to do, I hope you do well at it though

do what spunks does one heavy coat and sponge it flatten with a spat trowel up with one of them and a sponge easy.
fcuk em if they aint willing to pay for a decent 2 coat finish then they dnt get it, think of the strain on ya body for the money your getting FCUK EM

They will still expect a decent job to be done no matter what the price is. If there are plenty of good runs to go at and your labourer is decent, flattening down, beading, (turning up for work!!!) etc.. you'd be able to knock plenty out in a day.
Good luck

Cheers fellas for the words of wisdom, dont think i can get away with one coating ive worked for this crew for too long and they know my standard of work, the big spat looks the way to go as im quicker throwing it on than flattening so that could be missing chink oh and my labourer keeping them buckets mixed like piss, he chucked a stiffen at me this aft and had me running round like linford = too ****** for the third gauge haha

Cheers fellas for the words of wisdom, dont think i can get away with one coating ive worked for this crew for too long and they know my standard of work

So - if they know your standard is good enough for them - Why the f*ck did you let them buttfuk you on prices? You should have stood your ground. They don't respect you.........

Must be good if he's well in and asking on the Internet how to skim a bit quicker with his big hawk and trowel

£1.80!!!!! Kinnell!!! Hope there big areas to go at! Good luck!

vern if you want to get more on you could do a running hit lay on a couple of bags should be simple if on big wall second coat go back flatten in making sure its absolutely tidy that will give you time to mix another bag 1st and 2nd coat that go back to beginning and hardwipe the lot the neater you lay on the less work it needs later on theres only so much one can put on till the job turns out rubbish

well hit the 100m2 mark today, think it was just me wearing into doin some proper graft again ha 9 bags so looking like the job could pay, it might put me at deaths door but my overdraft will be clear.

flynnyman make your guesses

I stuck with the price cause there is always another man knocking at the door and they will not change their prices cause they now it all too well.

And spunky i asked on here as i was new to the site and thought it would be good to see how others get big hits on...whats weird about that you knob jockey. i know what im doin and wipe the floor with most i come accross, how is it i manage to get 80-100m2 on joints filled, 2 coated without a blemish....tell you how...F*****g pride in the job mate!!! somethink that is lacking in the trade, no wonder the prices are to **** when all contractors see is 1 coating and half troweled walls.

Nick thats not far off how im currently putting on and its working well tbh.

Again cheers for the comments and reckon a s*p*r*lex will be on its way pretty soon

OK im gonna have 5 guesses

1, Horburys
2, Plaster plus
3, Supyk (thought they went under)
4, Red rose
5, Mansells

OH and if supyks are not around im havin another guess so thats Mansells again LOL

nar its none of them mate its a partitioning company called bankside, they ok always pay and aint too big for their boots take on mainly hospital contracts. been doin their work for 6 years so abit of a regular face now but so are most of the other fixers and laboures so it like a reunion each time a new job kicks off.

Yeah supyk have gone, think sunnybank have taken their role on the housing game now last i heard they had 100+ men, i worked at red rose when i was starting out and vowed never to return, some of the ruffest work i have seen and it pisses me off when they get payed the same for a s**t job. cant say ive worked for the others

hmm never heard of them i worked for phil at sunny bank for a while off and on and also red rose they are back in business aswell believe it or not lol

where you from flynny? phil seems ok but as per the prices are poor now and ive fell out with the houses now i like the easy street on the big flat stuff, i done alot of my time at barrats with the white stuff and loved it till it started sagging and they went back to gypsum, was for a firm called lee and iveson, you heard of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.