Crap Multi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dpbeds

In the middle of reskim (walls only) on 26' x 15' lounge. No problems. Couldn't get to Bond-it before so using PVA. Went to B&Q to get multi and found split bags in rubble sacks for £2 each.
Bonus! Profit margin maximisation I call it.

Planned to do about 3/4 yesterday but when we knocked it up it was going off almost at once. Not so much skimming as squashing it onto the walls. Only managed about 1/2 the room after beading and a bit of bonding.

Good finish but my arms are killing me.

I'm convinced the multi must have been contaminated. Got the rest to do tomorrow!!!!
From now on it's new bags only for me.

sounds like a bit of a mare there mate. whats the runout date on the side of the bag. you know what these big stores are like they will try and sell out of date plaster to the unsuspecting customer.

sounds like another day on that job and youll have arms and shoulders like garth ;D ;D

watch those warehouses like B&Q! I've seen them keep palets of finish outside in their yards not even under shelter or in the dry. It could be the fact that the bags of multi also hadn't been stored correctly. Great place though, the big warehouses stock so much for plasterers and do great discount for multi buys. I stock up from there all the time, good pricing too.

No they were well in date. What I'm thinking is the bags split and got damp before being put in plastic bags.
Finished off yesterday and got labourer to knock it up softer then just went like the wind.
My right arm is now like Garth's. My left is just jealous!!!
Customer was happy and wants Hall stairs and landing done!

I have seen these a load of times in BNQ. Selling burst bags cheaper. But you dont know how long they have been burst for, and once a bag is opened it doesn't take long for it to go off, just like when a bag goes out of date.
This is also why i never let my customers buy in the materials, because they start pulling out opened bags that have been lying for weeks and are no good to man nor beast.
I have had the same problems mate, and like you i just decided to buy proper bags all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.