Cracking in new sand cement plaster, skim yet to be applied

Members online

Dhal

Hi
Can someone help please.

I had a staircase wall plastered with sand cement a few weeks ago. I agreed with the plasterer that we would leave the skim for a few weeks as so I he can skim a stud wall at that same time (once the joiner has done his bit)

In the last 2 weeks I’ve noticed a number of hair line cracks. What do we need to do to the cracks before the skim coat is put on, or will the skim coat take care of the cracks?

I’ve spoke to the plasterer who suggested he’ll put skrimp tape on the cracks before he skims, does this sound right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated pls.

Hi
Can someone help please.

I had a staircase wall plastered with sand cement a few weeks ago. I agreed with the plasterer that we would leave the skim for a few weeks as so I he can skim a stud wall at that same time (once the joiner has done his bit)

In the last 2 weeks I’ve noticed a number of hair line cracks. What do we need to do to the cracks before the skim coat is put on, or will the skim coat take care of the cracks?

I’ve spoke to the plasterer who suggested he’ll put skrimp tape on the cracks before he skims, does this sound right?

@Casper

Hi
Can someone help please.

To hard a mix or a high suction background background

Hi
Can someone help please.

Any pics?