Cpi render

Status
Not open for further replies.

master

on the flats we are working on they have insisted they want sand cement render on all internal walls on the ground floor it is on blue lightweight celcons has anyone sprayed cpi straight on to celcons
Cheers

i've sprayed ocr on to thermal sbr the day before the wall carried on from concrete block went ok when we set the walls it went straight in on the thermal and bubbled on the concrete so maybe leave it a couple of days and sbr/pva the lot again

Yeh, back in the seventy's tight arsed one off builds had the property plastered in sand and cement. Carlite Browning and skim cost too much. Labour rates didn't change though.

Remember super hod from the 70's?. He made a lot of money out of sand and cement.

There are some guys on here that can remember Lime and horse hair , they thought it would never work

I'm working on 2 hydraulic lime and hair jobs at mo. It's way nicer than sand and cement to work with.

I was apprenticed to Albert Bailey. He told me about the first plaster board he had to use. They laughed and thought it was a joke! Plaster sticking to paper!

They did have some early day failures. They added lime to the Thistle to make it creamier. Lime wouldn't stick to the paper. So 1st coat neat, second coat thistle and lime.

Same with this pre bagged render, Weber and the like. 6-7 years ago no one would pay for it. Now no one will have sand and cement.

But what I have noticed, a few years ago it was hard to get plasterers to do sand and cement render but I now see jobs being done all over the place by plasterers using the bagged stuff.

They think its just like plaster and slap it on rigsby , ive seen some rough mono etc . Never done any just s and c , ocr and acrylics etc and good old maite lol

We see some shockers lads that have attempted mono jobs, I recon 10 % of our work is rectifying bad workmanship. I've a big house to start next week that's been bodged in monorex, the owner was away when they did it, now it's all coming off after the householder getting parex out to condemn it.

Ok cheers for the help years ago all we used to do was sand +cement so that's not a problem would still rather work with it now than hardwall but a lot of houses we plaster now are mostly dot and dabbed so don't really use it a lot these days . Just thought if I could have used a pre bagged sand and cement that we could have put through the machine it would have sped things up

Pre bagged would certainly be faster and cleaner. Easier on the bones as well. But you would have to up the output to make up for the extra cost in materials.

CPI is probably the cheapest.

When I done my apprenticeship we onlyhad horse s**t straw and mud all done by bare hand it was so long ago I can't remember what it was called

We see some shockers lads that have attempted mono jobs, I recon 10 % of our work is rectifying bad workmanship. I've a big house to start next week that's been bodged in monorex, the owner was away when they did it, now it's all coming off after the householder getting parex out to condemn it.

We have done a few to, don't mind rectifying other peoples jobs good money in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.