COVID-19 UPDATE FROM BRITISH GYPSUM

Members online

BritishGypsum

Hi there, please find a below our latest announcement and a link for more information:

We have now successfully implemented new Safe Operating Procedures enabling the successful re-start of our mining, manufacturing and logistics across the UK. We are now rapidly scaling up our operations which will give a greater overall volume to be allocated for both Plasterboard and Plaster, we plan to be up to approximately 80% of our pre-pandemic capacity by the end of May and will have increased the amount we are sending out weekly by 300% by the end of this month. We are delivering this product to our usual merchant, distributor and DIY stockist customers according to their allocation volume, please talk to your usual stockist about your product requirements. https://bit.ly/2z8eRnw

Seems like there was nothing to worry about hopefully people buy sensible and we’ll be back to normal in no time (y)

Hi there, please find a below our latest announcement and a link for more information:

We have now successfully implemented new Safe Operating Procedures enabling the successful re-start of our mining, manufacturing and logistics across the UK. We are now rapidly scaling up our operations which will give a greater overall volume to be allocated for both Plasterboard and Plaster, we plan to be up to approximately 80% of our pre-pandemic capacity by the end of May and will have increased the amount we are sending out weekly by 300% by the end of this month. We are delivering this product to our usual merchant, distributor and DIY stockist customers according to their allocation volume, please talk to your usual stockist about your product requirements. https://bit.ly/2z8eRnw
the important bit prices as normal?

Seems like there was nothing to worry about hopefully people buy sensible and we’ll be back to normal in no time (y)
My local Wickes expecting delivery tomorrow and saying 5 bags per customer
Price will be £7.50 Inc vat ,
that's £6.75 Inc vat with trade card

I've been calling around again, no one seems to have any nor know when any is coming in within a 20mile radius of Milton Keynes.. New bags with expiry in September already on eBay which is an absolute joke. £200 for 5 bags and my baby is due in under 2 months now and still no walls.. f**k**g joke rip off merchants online.

I've been calling around again, no one seems to have any nor know when any is coming in within a 20mile radius of Milton Keynes.. New bags with expiry in September already on eBay which is an absolute joke. £200 for 5 bags and my baby is due in under 2 months now and still no walls.. f**k**g joke rip off merchants online.
Yep saw 5 bags near me £45 a bag September date. Told him I'd go pick up today, will I f**k

not sure if they have any but its 100 miles away.. probably a bit too far. Just hoping merchants start getting it in stock with BG's 300% production increase.. 18th of may was branded everywhere as the date places will get it and TP / wickes / Buildbase / smaller places have no stock and no idea.. I imagine its all going to bigger sites still and where people can get hold of it it's going on sale for huge sums still.

Wickes Bedford is my local expecting delivery tomorrow

Glad to have my stash

Attachments

• 693FA956-2BE2-4285-8AB7-55089EC6CB5A.jpeg
    693FA956-2BE2-4285-8AB7-55089EC6CB5A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 372
Went to Wickes near me this morning to buy board, guy ahead of me in the queue had driven 2 hours to try and buy multi as said it was in stock on website, turned out website was wrong. I let him have 5 bags out my van, some people are in proper despair out there!

A guy got me some multi from a supplier he uses ,lucky get it ,use by date 4/9 “fresh as” bags were green in colour lol

Got my five bags yesterday from wickes,told they had to send their own lorries to pick it up.4 pallets dropped at each branch.

Got my five bags yesterday from wickes,told they had to send their own lorries to pick it up.4 pallets dropped at each branch.
Good for Wickes every merchants I’ve spoken too have said no idea or maybe June
Unbelievable

I'm starting back the start of july got a few small jobs to ease me back in gently if the plaster availability is still like this in july then plastering can suck my balls I'm getting a job at Tesco's on the fruit&veg team

So in the eyes of bg who’s the priority supply wise will Wickes bnq ect get stock before likes of jewsons travis or reverse? Is it more to do with who’s botty washing the bested?